Joe

mrk

Edit My Images
No
Hey guys, been a while ;)

_MG_1701.jpg

This is Joe, he lives across the road from me and sits on the benches at the end of the road every so often and watches the world scuttle about.
I'm going to give Joe a print of this on 7x5 and my good friends at a local photo shop also did me a free 12.5x9 print on their new Canon FP5000 printer - What an awesomely cool thing to do! I just need to find a rame suitable for it now xD

The shot was done with the 50mm 1.8 @ 2.8, some how the print on large format resolves more highlight detail than what I can see on the screen, weird but cool, guess that's the drawback of a TFT compared to a 12 colour pigment printer ...heh

There's a lot of character in that face mrk, The shot looks almost duotone what did you do to it?

very nice mrk, and very good to see you post again!

he looks rather menacing but I guess its the squinting cos of the cigarette smoke...a really good photo that shows his character well.

Thanks guys, i just got back from a family wedding (and 2gb of photos to RAW through :/)

I used duotone in the final stage of this shot, and some USM as well as shadow highlight to bring out some darkness on the let side where the sun was slightly weaker!

That's quite some shot. Excellent toning and even without knowing the guy, I feel as though I know something of his character and life so as a portrait it's very successful.

Back