Jokulsarlon Experience

Name
Tom
Edit My Images
Yes
Following on from a earlier thread, some more shots from Jokulsarlon. In the last shot there is a person in LH bottom which you are able to gauge the size of the ice. The blue tone in the ice is due to the ice being compacted whilst in the glacier:

P6100298.jpg

P6100300.jpg

P6100305.jpg

P6100311.jpg

P6100319.jpg

P6100328.jpg

P6100334.jpg

P6100342.jpg

P6100357.jpg

P6100350.jpg

Thanks for looking

Tom

When you up close to that you must feel so small in the scale of things caught the colours in the glacier well. Good set :)

When you up close to that you must feel so small in the scale of things caught the colours in the glacier well. Good set :)

Thanks Jaco for your comments - very much appreciated and valued.

You are able to cruise through the ice on a DUKW but the closest they go to the ice is about 10m due to the ice under the water - remember what is above water is only about 10% of its actual size - and also because as the ice melts large chunks will break off from the upper areas and fall into the lagoon.

Tom

That must be an amazing experience to be that close all the same :)

That must be an amazing experience to be that close all the same :)

Yes very memorable - a very surreal sight.

Tom

Great set, Tom. So unusual. I really like the first one...shows the icy-layers so well.

Great set, Tom. So unusual. I really like the first one...shows the icy-layers so well.

Thanks hunter for your valued comment - very much appreciated.

Tom

How did i miss these - phenomenal - never seen anything quite like these before! The colour is sublime!

What causes the darker streaks as seen in 1 and 2?

Lovely set!

Love these shots of yours. The colour in #9 is phenominal! The cruise must be an amazing experience.

Love these shots of yours. The colour in #9 is phenominal! The cruise must be an amazing experience.

Thanks for your comments 68lbs. The 'cruise' is actually in a DUKW as below:

P6100345.jpg

so its not as exotic as it sounds but you get the atmosphere of a very unreal sight.

Tom

Bit like that duckboat thing in Liverpool than? But with less chance of finding it up on bricks if left unattended. :D

Back