Joomla modules

dod

TPer Emeritus
Name
Ebenezer McScrooge III
Edit My Images
Yes
Right, this is really getting right up my nose.

Jooomla 1.5, uploaded a new template with special modules and am trying to install the modules manually. i.e. unzipping locally and uploading via ftp. The problem is where exactly do the modules get uploaded too?

Is it

1. into the template folder individually?
2. Into a modules folder in the template directory?
3. Into the core modules directory?

I can't make them appear :thinking:

Yep, tried the instructions and it doesn't work, they're definitely uploaded though.

can't find anything on the Joomla forum which wasn't written by anyone lower than a programmer :confused:

It's a photofader thing

for what?

To be honest, I'd install them by uploading the .zip through the admin panel - much simpler! However, I do believe they should go in the core modules folder!

install through the CP, they go into Modules directory

grab me on msn dod, i can help

^ those two got it^

To be honest, I'd install them by uploading the .zip through the admin panel - much simpler! However, I do believe they should go in the core modules folder!

tried that but even changing the directory permissions to 0777 it fails :bang:

777 might make it fail if you host does not allow world write, try 755.
the modules would normally be uploaded via joomlas admin panel, extentions, install....
I may have missed the point though rushing to help and go out ;-)

What message are you getting when you try to install via the back office installer? What module are you installing too?

still on msn...

is there a chance you need to extract the zip first to find the actual zip's you need to upload??? (You might find the instructions in there too!)

Have you verified that your FTP settings within joomla are correct? If so then you should be installing through the CP by uploading the zip file.

Have you verified that your FTP settings within joomla are correct? If so then you should be installing through the CP by uploading the zip file.

yes...this is a commen issue, nothing more annoying than all the files and folders not under your control!:bang:

sorry I haven't been back to this thread guys, really haven't had much time over the last few days but I do appreciate the answers. :)

Back