July Morning Mist

Ian D J

Michael Fish
Name
Ian D J
Edit My Images
Yes
Taken near Folkestone, Kent. While driving on the way to work this morning (1st of July), I came across this patch of shallow mist.

July08mist1.jpg

"Very nice" I said to myself, but it looked rather plain, so I thought about getting myself round to the other side of it . . .

July08mist2.jpg

That's a bit better!

July08mist3.jpg

Thinking that's enough for now, I then carried on with my drive to work thus leaving that misty scene behind me . . . but for some reason I took a glance at the side mirror and after seeing what was on it, I exclaimed "Oh my, that's beautiful!".
So, once again, I pulled over to one side and took this further series of photos, which I'm sure you'll agree on why I just had to take them . . .

July08mist4.jpg

July08mist5.jpg

July08mist6.jpg

These were taken with an Fuji A900, I only wish I had my Nikky D40 on me! After last Saturday's somewhat lacklustre woodland effort, this one had taken me completely by surprise!

Last edited:
Awesome, awesome photos. Love the final ones, absolutely brilliant :)

Really cool photos there, I especially like the last set that you stopped for.

One question though - how much time do you leave for your drive to work? If I stopped to take photos I'd miss my train!

Love them, and I like seeing the progress from the first to last shots :)

Seeing the journey makes it all the more enjoyable seeing these shots. Such beautiful light and very nicely captured too, big posh camera or not.

I couldn't resist having a little play though, just to tweak it to my way of seeing. :)

July08mist4.jpg

Thanks for all the very kind comments, everyone. Very heartwarming to see this latest round of picture being so well recieved, and so soon after I created this thread!
Dazzajl, I love what you've done there, that frame really does compliment that photo. I had attempted to do frames/borders before but for some reason I could never get it right so I kinda let my pictures speak for themselves.
Marlowtrip, my trip to work is usually a 15 minutes car drive from home to work, and I don't really have a set start time at work. I could start at 5 am, or at 8 am, as long as the work gets done (but the earlier I start, the earlier I can get away). This does put me at an advantage when it comes to taking the scenic route. :D

Great capture! I am yet to get shots of mist but these make me wanna get out there one early morning.

I really like dazzajl version too.

Lovely set there! well done.

When you said you went behind Sugarloaf hill for the last 4 which road/lane was that?

Tom

3rd from last for me, bit of a crop to take the trees slightly off centre and you'll have it`

Lovely set there! well done.

When you said you went behind Sugarloaf hill for the last 4 which road/lane was that?

Tom

Hi, Tom. It's off the A20 roundabout that takes you to Etchinghill. Normally I go up there every day, but on this occasion I decided to head westwards (towards Westernhanger). I'm glad I did that!
Once again, thanks for all the comments everyone. Just glad those pictures had hit the spot. :)

Thanks Ian I know the area well but just could not place where the last 4 were shot from

Tom

No. 4 for me, thats just fantastic, ain't nature brilliant!

It does need a frame though....don't know if I'd personnally go with the black as I find it too heavy.

Simon.

Beautiful! I saw the first couple and thought okay, but then the latter ones blew me away. Very nice!

Hi, have an update!

Oh Tuesday evening, later on in the same day as when them photos were taken, I have decided to email this one to both South East Today and Meridian News.

July08mist4.jpg

And never thought any more about it . . until today!
I happened to be showing the picture to the boss and he said "Crikey, that was shown just before the Meridan weather forecast on Wednesday evening. I thought I had seen it somewhere before, so it was you who sent it!". One other workmate said he saw it while watching the late evening Meridian news but never gave it a second thought, until today when he realised it was mine's!
So, I did it, then! My photo appeared on the telly! :woot: :clap:

It's occasions like that, along with all the lovely comments in here that truly does make it all worth my while!

Their sending the cheque by post?

Their sending the cheque by post?

Would be nice. :rules: :D

As luck would have it, Meridian has this 7 days video catch-up service on their web site, and have managed to get this screengrab.
Rather than show it as a picture in here due to worrying about breaking some broadcasting rule, thought it'd be best to show it as a link:

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y193/idj20/famouspicture.jpg

Man, it was wierd having my full name spoken on the telly.

Would be nice. :rules: :D

As luck would have it, Meridian has this 7 days video catch-up service on their web site, and have managed to get this screengrab.
Rather than show it as a picture in here due to worrying about breaking some broadcasting rule, thought it'd be best to show it as a link:

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y193/idj20/famouspicture.jpg

Man, it was wierd having my full name spoken on the telly.

Maybe the screenshot would look better hanging on the wall!

Congrats most people are happy to have something published let alone on TV!!. You realise that you are encouraging everyone here to get up early looking for such shots!

Tom

Congrats on making folkestone look nice....looks like the hill near the tunnel entrance

Back