Jump!!!! C&C if you please

Name
Lianne
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi,

Well first time out with camera and first time playing with photoshop. Luckily my gorgeous niece didn't need much pursuading to "model" for me.

Would be gratefull of any feedback you can offer on this and I was thinking might look better if the background blurred but not sure how to do it, any ideas?

alex_col_pop_small.jpg

Thanks in advance!

Superb capture !! Well done !!

Not sure about the selective colouring though, In my opinion, it only works in a handfull of shots, doesn't quite fit the bill here. Looks like it was a nice sky aswell, maybe the blue would compliment the pink nicely ?

I love it, the B & W part looks a bit grey but great idea.

well done

Thanks, glad you like. This is the original one I took. I get your point about the colour but wanted to make her stand out and instead of doing B&W had dropped the saturation down. Maybe if I could blur the background instead?

alex_small.jpg

Try duplicating the layer and running a gaussian blur, cutting out your niece on the duplicate later, obviosuly so she isn't blurred!!

The selective colouring really focuses you attention on the girl. It works really well actually

Couldn't resist, hope you don't mind

jump.jpg

Here's what I did (if you have cs3) duplicate your layer first then

filter -> extract, use the pen in the top right of this screen and set the tickbox on the right to "smart highlight"

Then draw round the image you want to keep in focus. After you;ve finished that, hit the fill button under the pen tool and fill the area you've drawn around and click ok to finish that part.

Next select your original layer then filter -> gaussian blur and select the radius to whatever your happy with

What a great fun shot (y)

I prefer the colour one but with a touch of background blur.
I cut around your niece using the poly lasso tool, then did inverse selection, filter gaussian blur 0.4 pixels.

Adjusted the levels and curves a touch, added a tiny bit of saturation to bring the colours out.

alex_small.jpg

I cut around your niece using the poly lasso tool, then did inverse selection, filter gaussian blur 0.4 pixels.

Adjusted the levels and curves a touch, added a tiny bit of saturation to bring the colours out.

alex_small.jpg

Now that there is the money shot.

For me anyway !!

Good job WanderingMind !!

Love the first one! The angle you took it from makes the jump look really high. Great picture.

Good selective colouring, i prefer either mono/colour or colour. The background is to busy to be blurred in my opinion

David

I have taken similar shots of my kids and find if you can get them jumping somewhere where the ground falls away behind them you can usually get better separation from the background or avoid having anything in the background other than sky.

Good PP work here though. :clap:

Thanks, def livens things up.

here is my go, missed some detail around hair...who said it was to busy to be blurred???:bonk:

alex_jump.jpg

Back