Jumping Spider and Hands

Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
Okay it's not right up there with the best but this was hand held and I'm fairly pleased how it's turned out. Will try using the tripod tomorrow :LOL: Any C&C welcome.

34z0flw.jpg

Sorry to be harsh but it all seems a bit of a splodge to me, nothing is really sharp apart from a leg or two and all the detail seems to be lost.

Sorry to be harsh but it all seems a bit of a splodge to me, nothing is really sharp apart from a leg or two and all the detail seems to be lost.

I make you right. I need to find some bigger spiders. 5mm big, nippy, hand held and my own poor eyesight = splodge :) Thanks for commenting anyway (y)

I make you right. I need to find some bigger spiders. 5mm big, nippy, hand held and my own poor eyesight = splodge :) Thanks for commenting anyway (y)

Its easily possible. What lens are you using?

Its easily possible. What lens are you using?

I have a few options 150mm Sigma EX which is great for larger insects etc, a 90mm Sigma macro that seems to be not extending at the moment so may need fixing, some Macro bellows with a 50mm enlarger lens and a 35mm lens, and some tubes "eBay" cheapies and a reversing lens.

I'm really interested in some extreme macro shots but as I say I'm having problems with the focus Except the Sigma 150mm which is a fantastic lens in my opinion but only stretches to 1:1 so I can's see the whites of their eyes with that one :)

I have a few options 150mm Sigma EX which is great for larger insects etc, a 90mm Sigma macro that seems to be not extending at the moment so may need fixing, some Macro bellows with a 50mm enlarger lens and a 35mm lens, and some tubes "eBay" cheapies and a reversing lens.

I'm really interested in some extreme macro shots but as I say I'm having problems with the focus Except the Sigma 150mm which is a fantastic lens in my opinion but only stretches to 1:1 so I can's see the whites of their eyes with that one :)

Was the above shot taken using the ebay tubes? If so, you obviously have no control over the lens using cheap tubes and can be hard to use. I'd recommend buying a better set (kenko etc.). I use the Tamron 90mm, AF extension tubes AND a 2x AF converter and have no problems getting shots of these spiders.

Back