Jupiter 8 query

Name
Nick
Edit My Images
Yes
I've got a Jupiter 8 2/50 lens and the aperture ring is smooth between f-stops it doesn't click at each stop, is this normal, or has it been 'tinkered' with?

is it a dual ring type where you have a click to set the aperture and then 'free' ring to take it from f2 to your pre-set aperture? my helios is like this the smooth ring appears to work backwards

is it a dual ring type where you have a click to set the aperture and then 'free' ring to take it from f2 to your pre-set aperture? my helios is like this the smooth ring appears to work backwards

No, just the single ring, it looks like this...

images

Just borrowed this for illustrative purposes. will put my own version later.

I've got a Jupiter 8 2/50 lens and the aperture ring is smooth between f-stops it doesn't click at each stop, is this normal, or has it been 'tinkered' with?

The Jupiter 8 is just as you say, there are no click stops between aperture settings, great lens all the same.(y)

The Jupiter 8 is just as you say, there are no click stops between aperture settings, great lens all the same.(y)

Thanks Richard, I thought it was OK, it's very smooth and crystal clear, I'm going to run some film past it tomorrow at the London meet (y)

I've got two Jupiter 8's one silver, one black and they both have smooth aperture rings! But it looks you've had your question answered already.

Thanks 'other' Richard, I have had my question answered ans tomorrow I shall be test the aperture smoothness around the architecture of old London town ;)

Back