Just a few new ones

Edit My Images
Yes
Here are a few of my recent attempts, I was concentrating mainly on composition, what do you guys think? Any pointers for future reference?

Thanks!

I like the composition of #1 - enough detail to keep the attention, but nothing to detract from the structure and texture of the ruin. (y)

#2 I think this is one of those situations where a walk round (if possible) would have given you a stronger composition. The building on the left, close to the bridge, looks interesting (mellow brickwork covered in vegetation), and standing on the top of the bank above the towpath might have given you a stronger composition - using the bridge as a lead-in to the bulding. I realise this might be total rubbish, or inaccessible but it might be worth a revisit.

#3 I like this. The view through the archway has enough interest to hold attention - nicley judged, imho. (y) If I was being really picky, I think I'd crop out the steps at the bottom. The rest of the image is strong enough not to need 'em. :)

And that just shows how contrary people can be - suggesting a lead-in line in #2 and cropping it out in #3 :bonk:

Jean

I like these,but maybe 1 & 2 seem to me to be over saturated,i could be wrong.:)(y)

#3 Is the pick of the bunch for me, I don't agree it needs cropping but I would try and lighten the foreground just a touch to bring out a bit more detail.

Thanks for the feedback guys

#3 Is the pick of the bunch for me, I don't agree it needs cropping but I would try and lighten the foreground just a touch to bring out a bit more detail.

I tried doing this but it changed the colour of the stones and made it look very artificial, maybe I was doing it wrong I dont know:shrug:

@jeangenie: I thought about taking the photo from the angle that you suggested but I didnt think I could balance the composition properly. I wouldnt get much of the building in because there is an abandoned building site right beside it which totally spoils it. This picture shows the building:

Its really a shame that the council refused to do anything about it

Ha!! You've managed to do something that I've never been able to do - photograph Dunluce castle on a sunny day. Any time i've been there - it's been grey. No.s ! & 2 are a bit oversaturated, though.

1 and 3 for me. 1 would look amazing with the atmosphere of 3 :D

Gary.

Back