Just a walk in the (country) park.

Name
Donna
Edit My Images
Yes
I need serious crit (and help) on these.

TP_DSC4698.jpg

TP_DSC4695.jpg

3. I used to do a lot like this in the old film days, I have been afraid of damaging the sensor since going digital so would appreciate how to expose and then in PP to recover the colours and natural brightness of the scene.
TP_DSC4696-Edit.jpg

TP_DSC4703.jpg

Many thanks.

I need serious crit (and help) on these.

Why? They are lovely.

OK. I'll chip in on #2. I think the tree is a bit blocky and needs lifting a little, and it might help the composition to crop out the bit of tree on the far left.

#1 seems fine just as it is.

#3 is a full-on software PP question, one for the experts here!

#4 I think you could crop quite a bit of the top of the shot off to good effect.

Last edited:
Hiya, I’ll try and suggest, all just a personal opinion right, .technically they are all fine. :)

#1. I like the idea and the subject, but it hasn't worked for me...I suggest you stay with the idea but wait for the better light to make that shot start working, right now its just flat and lacking.

#2. I like this much more, my eyes taken too the tree and then across the pretty landscape to the hill top, the sky is sweet, It has lots going for it. The post/rough bit in the bottom left is distracting and the comp may have improved without it in the frame.

#3. I Like this too, nothing distracts my eye, okay comp through the fence and across ...not as sweet as number two over all for me.

#4. Good idea with the lone leaf sticking out of the water. As a whole its not working for me because the stone and leaf aren't isolated enough with the clear water...it took me a while to spot the leaf.
You could try stuff like long exposures to blur the water. (y)

Edit: Excuse me if I'm being harsh ish,just trying to add...tis all subjective. :)

Last edited:
#2. I think the tree is a bit blocky and needs lifting a little, and it might help the composition to crop out the bit of tree on the far left.

#4 I think you could crop quite a bit of the top of the shot off to good effect.

Thanks Toby, I can see what you are saying now that you have pointed it out to me.

#1. I like the idea and the subject, but it hasn't worked for me...I suggest you stay with the idea but wait for the better light to make that shot start working, right now its just flat and lacking.

#2. I like this much more, my eyes taken too the tree and then across the pretty landscape to the hill top, the sky is sweet, It has lots going for it. The post/rough bit in the bottom left is distracting and the comp may have improved without it in the frame.

#3. I Like this too, nothing distracts my eye, okay comp through the fence and across ...not as sweet as number two over all for me.

#4. Good idea with the lone leaf sticking out of the water. As a whole its not working for me because the stone and leaf aren't isolated enough with the clear water...it took me a while to spot the leaf.
You could try stuff like long exposures to blur the water. (y)

Edit: Excuse me if I'm being harsh ish,just trying to add...tis all subjective. :)

Many thanks Adam and I do not consider your comment harsh.
1. I had to take it with fill in flash as it was in deep shade
2 & 3. points noted
4. I was a bit concerned that the leaf was too similar a colour to the rest, ah well, you have to try these things. I will try a long exposure next time.

I like no's 1 and 2 personally.

I'm just awaiting delivery of my brand new D300 today!!! Can't wait to get some shots with it. Yours seems to be serving you very well Donna.

I go with Adam on #1, 2, 3 - in #2, try cloning out the intruding branches and crop a tad below the top of the nearest post to strengthen the comp.

#4. If you're not a fan of silky water I would suggest a faster shutter speed to freeze the flow and reveal the splashes and sparkling bubbles. But that technique works best with a well lit stream, more light than I suspect you had. :)

Back