Just another perfect day

Name
Gary
Edit My Images
Yes
Well we had a great day of weather yesterday and managed to fit in some of my favourite things. Early Flight on the paraglider, some of the photos are here . Landed at pub and sat with Swedish tourists and drink until wife came to collect me (Too windy to fly back over mountain!)

Spent some time with in-laws then off to local mountain bike jumps to see my son. This is my first ever sequence shot (local rider Michael Thompson) which, I think, turned out not too bad.

pbpic837376.jpg

At the end of the day I sat in my garden with a glass of wine in hand, kids recounting their day and overlooking the mountain I had flown over earllier. It doesn't get much better :)

Fantastic images Gary although I'm not sure I'd go up in one of those! You obviously covered some distance, how long did the flight last and what was the weather like over the top of Ben Wyvis? I used to live overlooking the Beauly Firth nad had wonderful views of the Black Isle and the Ben.

Hi Colin. 35kms according to GPS and 1hr 9mins. VERY cold at 1760 metres ASL, took off in sweltering heat but could hardly use camera by time I was above the Ben (flew directly over summit) as my hands were so frozen. There were about a dozen walkers visible on the summit ridge.

God's country mate!(y)

Some great aerial shots there!
I'm intrigued in how you did the sequence shot...it's very clever!

Thanks Minimeeze!

Quite easy really;
Set up camera so that you can shoot full seqence without moving camera. Keep finger on button and shoot as many as you can.
Add all photos to one file as layers (Use opacity levels to see how they will fit together).
Keep one shot as base layer.
Lasso round biker and delete all other detail on all layers and use eraser to match into any close areas (hardest bit is where rider overlaps with himself).

Flatten and sort out levels, etc.

I did not use tripod (did not have one with me) but this would be best option as I had to "move" a couple of shots to get better match.

Cheers

Gary.

Great shots and thanks for information.

Back