Just because - and it's fun too

Ambermile

A Whole Lot of Sparkle..
Name
Arthur
Edit My Images
No
Digging out a few old friends this week, noticed a bulk film loader with (oddly) film inside. No idea what it is but from the emulsion looks to be BW, Maybe. Anyway, rather than load up a 35mm cannister and use a boring camera I've got the wee Bilora Radix out for a drive. Loading the rapid cassete is fun, inside the dark bag pull out the film from the loader, crease the end over then roll it up tight and hold. 60 elephants later, release and poke (crease first) into the Rapid cannister being careful not to crease or get grubby pinkie prints anywhere. If you are lucky, that crease will give you enought friction that you can tell when the film is run out. Or you could measure the film in the dark and estimate the number of frames... no film transit sight hole/turny thing you see. If you plan ahead, a tip I heard about was to maybe tape the first 10mm of film back on itself, makes a better stop but I'd be wary of doing that cos... what if it gets hot in there? Eeeewww :oops: :$

Anyway, got some nice little pics last time this went out for a walk around Great Yarmouth many years ago so here's hoping. All sounds good and glass clean...

IMG_20210706_140326.jpg

As you can see, this is the deluxe edition with adjustable shutter - I am such a snob :rolleyes:

Last edited:
So, firstly turns out it was FP4 in the loader, still not sure I recall putting it in there. In fact to be honest I'm not sure I remember having a bulk loader :eek:

Anyway, camera is fine, film is fine, operator is a knob - sorry, newb... apparently me and the sunny 16 rule do not get on together - which is strange since I never had an issue before. Maybe I'm just getting old and forgetful. Anyway, camera OK, film OK, operator not OK. Two out of three ain't bad :D

Next outing will be with the Wirgin Edixa, which I hope is still as good as it used to be :rolleyes:

P1010095.jpg

Last edited:
Some pix, dirty dirty scratched and dirty - I know. But part of the charm :naughty:

So that's the Bilora Radix Rapid, with OOD bulk FP4, dev'd in Tetenal Paranol S at about 11 minutes... and def dodgy exposures :rolleyes:

imgonline-com-ua-Negative-0RTVyIBpXcVb.jpg

imgonline-com-ua-Negative-an4AvvOD66HEgn99.jpg

I think the HP scanner is perhaps missing the point a bit so tried this method with the backlit scanner attachment - that is the omly macro lens I own :eek:

IMG_20210708_085338.jpg

Last edited:
There's images on the film, I'd call that a success :D Sometimes the unknown is more fun than the knowing you've got something :)

If anyone is interested, this is the scanner film holder...

IMG_20210708_093309.jpg

IMG_20210708_093327.jpg

Back