Just bought a Canon 450d, and need advice on Bags , Tripods and memory cards?

Edit My Images
No
Hi all, i have just bought a Canon 450d and it will be my first Dlsr, and i can't wait. I am studying Photography at A Level, but am quitting my 6th form this yr to do a BTEC in Photography , as i love it :p

So now i have bought my camera, i could do with accessories. My first port of call is a bag. I need one which can house my camera and lens safely. Now i am thinking of getting a North Face one for example, and then buying cases for the lens and camera. Wise idea? What do you have? Do you like it? etc

Memory card. are the Ultra 3 ones that good they warrent the extra few £££ ? i think i will buy the 4gb, if there are no objections here :p

Next tripod. I plan to use the camera for urbex a lot so need one, but which!? I don't want to spend more than £50 really. Thoughts?

Thanks

I've a Lowepro Fastpack 200. Whatever you do make sure that the bag has space for more stuff as you will inevitably add lenses etc. The Lowepro holds my 40D with lens plus three more lenses comfortably in the base compartment. There is a top compartment for other stuff like cleaning gadgets, remote cables etc and a few pockets for manuals and filters. I got mine with a magazine subscription but I think they are around 60-70 quid. Jessops stock them so you could go and have a look at one.

Well, i just got my new 450d yesterday (seems like we should start a fan club or something!). Just ordered the extreme 3 4GB sdhc card. 30m/s edition. Figure it'll squeeze a little bit of extra speed out of it on fps. Also, i'm getting the lowepro slingshot 200 AW. you can spin it round to grab your camera out on the fly, and it has a waterproof cover that comes out the bag to protect your equipment.

Well, i just got my new 450d yesterday (seems like we should start a fan club or something!). Just ordered the extreme 3 4GB sdhc card. 30m/s edition. Figure it'll squeeze a little bit of extra speed out of it on fps. Also, i'm getting the lowepro slingshot 200 AW. you can spin it round to grab your camera out on the fly, and it has a waterproof cover that comes out the bag to protect your equipment.

A faster card won't improve FPS it will only improve how soonyour buffer clears allowing you to take more photos in a burst

sorry rick, thats what i meant. Will also help with speed downloading the RAW images onto my laptop! Got the card from amazon for that price! Should be with me on thursday!

And oh man, is this going to be a big learning curve!!

Sorted.

Bought the card above, £12

Bought a cheap £15 Tripod, its mainly going to be used for Urbex so it was pointless splashing out. It good good reviews, and you can add weights to make it sturdier. Sorted.

Bag, buying Lowepro Flipside 200. Looks amazing, and will suit me fine :D

Back