Just bought....

Edit My Images
No
The Tokina 12-24mm and a couple filters from Onestop.

The disease strikes again. Who knows how its symptoms will effect me next time.... im thinking 100-400L but who knows. Think the Tamron SP AF 28-75mm f/2.8 XR Di is on the list too. Im going to have to Rob a bank or sell a leg..... Preferably in that order :banana: :banana:

I have the Tamron - and I want the Tokina (i think).

So I'll look forward to your review ;)

as in just bought, or just had delivered??

Yeah, i have read a lot of comments on it and have yet to see a bad one. The main thing i was worried about with Wideangle lenses was the insane amount of distortion. You are always going to get this with WA lenses but the Tokina looked the best of the bunch on that front.

Hopefully ill be able to play with it this weekend. Only time will tell ;)

You won't be disappointed...trust me ;)

It was the first lens I bought quite a few years ago and it is still in the kit. Fast, small and very sharp, it is excellent value for money.

Rich said:
The Tokina 12-24mm and a couple filters from Onestop.
I'm looking at one of these myself (along with the Sigma 10-20mm) so I'm very interested in what you think of it, perhaps you could post some pics when it arrives and you've had a play?.

Rich said:
Think the Tamron SP AF 28-75mm f/2.8 XR Di is on the list too.
I've got one of these myself and I'm really happy with it, very sharp and quite light, great as a walk around lens :thumb:
Here's an example:- http://www.thephotographyforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3973

Weee it arrived.

First impressions:

Makes the 18-55mm kit lens look like it was made by Fisher Price. Weighty and solid but not overly so. WIDE!! I can get most of the room in shot :D :LOL:

Problem is i wont get a proper chance to test it until this weekend :(

Congrats on your new purchase..........be interested to see what you think as I have been humming and r'ing for weeks.

7 days for delivery eh? that's very good, was the packing etc ok? Let's see those sample images asap too, it it's better than the 10-20 I might be swayed. :)

ive ordered the 28-75 tamron, delivery should be next day......when they get stock in *sighs*

I had to wait 10 days when I ordered mine from College cameras.

College Cameras were my local camera shop - so I got it in the shop (near walthamstow college). Two weeks later they closed the shop and moved to Wales because the internet side of the business was doing so well they did not need the shop anymore.

It was nice having a competitivly priced retailer nearby... now there are none round here.

i ordered mine from fotosense, where marcel got his grip, for £250, which i think is ok!

Steep said:
7 days for delivery eh? that's very good, was the packing etc ok? Let's see those sample images asap too, it it's better than the 10-20 I might be swayed. :)

Funny thing is it would have been in my hands on Friday but customs in Manchester held the show up.
The last lens i bought from onestop took about 5 days.

They seem to have switched to Fedex also which means you get full parcel tracking as standard.

Ill be heading out to LadyBower Reservoir this weekend if time allows and ill try and get some samples up.

Cheers!

Was at Ladybower this Sat/Sun...........well worth the visit.

Look forward to your samples.

P.S. don't think the weather forecast to good for this weekend though :eyesup:

EosD said:
i ordered mine from fotosense, where marcel got his grip, for £250, which i think is ok!

£259 with a Hoya UV thrown in....

i got a Hoya UV and Pol(muilticoated) off ebay for £20 the pair

Nice one, looking forward to seeing some shots!!

EosD said:
ive ordered the 28-75 tamron, delivery should be next day......when they get stock in *sighs*

i got a Hoya UV and Pol(muilticoated) off ebay for £20 the pair

Finally went for it then eh?... Nice one mate, great lens, hope it arrives soon for you :thumb:

Where the filters from an ebay shop, or private seller?

private seller!

Yeah...ive not had any time to go out with it yet, been so busy :(

Got all weekend and Monday/Tuesday off though, so im hoping ill get the chance then. Its been quite a busy and annoying week so far!! :D

Im thinking Ladybower Reservoir as its close to me to start with. Thats off if it snows though! In which case ill have to try and find somewhere to take a snowscape or two :)

Well I enjoyed myself down at Ladybower last weekend so will look forward to your pictures.

Think the Tokina 12-24 will be my next purchase.

Quick example. Cropped, no sharpening during post processing:

46023688-L.jpg

Bad day as far as photography goes. I didnt get one shot that i was particularly happy with but i have uploaded a few to the gallery anyway. It was a nice day out though and i got plenty of much needed exercise ;)

Back