Just collected my Canon 40d

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
Well i have just got back from collecting my 40d. Ended up with the 17-85 IS USM kit.

He did not get stung on the way back to the uk, so it has cost me £850 all in.

Test shots to follow. :D

Lucky bugger! :p

£850 is more than I thought it would be though. Think you can get that kit for £999 from UK with full guarantee I guess - still £150 off! not to be missed :D

had a foot in both camps for a little while, but got lured by the cheap wide angle / macros lenses of the Canon system, so the E-510 had to go.

Will still pimp Oly whenever possible though as its a great system for someone who is happy to stay with the kit lenses.

Exxcceellent

Looking forward to the pics of it now :D And some test shots / review.

The only pic i have till i get home and 'crack-it-open'

DSCF0001.JPG

oh yeah, as you can see i also got the 150mm Sigma macro as well as it was such a good price :D

my father-in-law picked up one today too. I'm going to try an get a go as soon as I can;)

No samples yet, but boy is the viewfinder big, and bright. A big difference from the Oly i had (And i thought that was good!)

Just a couple of next doors cat sat on our fence. The Sigma Macro is superb.

Just need to get some more practice in now :D

1337607878_f4982e926c_o.jpg

1336720529_13c196cb4f_o.jpg

looks good :D you had chance to play with the 17-85 yet? I am very tempted by that lens/kit

Whats the build of that lens like? actually whats the build of the 40D feel like?

just put it on now, but light is fading fast and cand find anything to shoot! :thinking:

Is your mother-in-law around, by any chance? ;)

Good camera, good lens, good hands.
I'd say it makes a a good combo :D

Any more samples with crops coming, even if they were tomorrow?
Or maybe a moon photo?

Is your mother-in-law around, by any chance? ;)

Good camera, good lens, good hands.
I'd say it makes a a good combo :D

Any more samples with crops coming, even if they were tomorrow?
Or maybe a moon photo?

more samples probably tomorrow (With crops) from 50mm 1.8, Kit lens and macro

I bet your sitting there holding it, looking through the viewfinder fiddling with options and wishing you had phoned up sick for work and taken photos all day long.

Not that I do that sort of thing,... ;)

King.

I bet your sitting there holding it, looking through the viewfinder fiddling with options and wishing you had phoned up sick for work and taken photos all day long.

Not that I do that sort of thing,... ;)

King.

That's the problem being the Manager. If i dont go in, the office does not open :(

but never mind, nearly weekend and off to the farm and nature reserve on sunday.

whats the live view mode like???

very similar and just as convoluted as the olympus version. :LOL:

to make live view workable i think they need to implement a contrast AF mode, then they needn't keep moving the mirror to achieve focus lock.

Thanks, Chilimonster, did you find out where it came from-ie the actual shop? Sorry I missed the change of thread.

Back