Just got a Mamiya RZ67

Name
Dave
Edit My Images
Yes
Well I have taken the plunge back into film, I have aquired a RZ67 a couple of backs, which I think may need resealing and a 110mm 2.8 Mamiya Sekor Z. Picked up 17 rolls of film and can not wait to get started. I will post the results when I have something to show, May take a couple of weeks due to work.

Fantastic!

Hope you have some serious fun. They are lovely :)

Solid workhorse of a camera and every bit as reliable as the manual version RB (stands for Revolving Back)
I used an RZ for years, the 50mm is a stunning lens. That 110 is a brilliant standard lens too, razor sharp at f2.8. You might take a bit of time to get used to the bellows focussing, but in reality, you don't rack it out much even for head and shoulders shots until you start using the 140 or 250. It works well handheld too, just keep your elbows in and breath out gently, then hold your breath before pressing the shutter button. Like rifle shooting, don't do it having breathed in...you need empty lungs to make you more stable.

On a tripod for landscape work, it is a dream. Just set the shot up and to go to portrait orientation, just move the lever and revolve the back. Job done. The RZ also has safety trips that the RB doesn't - like you cannot take the back off without putting the dark slide back in and you cannot trip the shutter unless you have wound on. One stroke too, with the RB it is two seperate strokes, one on the body for the shutter, one on the back for the film. The RZ does all this with a little, spring loaded gear wheel that slots into the film advance on the back....brilliant design. I have some rubber lens hoods kicking around somewhere for Mamiya lenses - and a nice cable relase that would work with it, screw it into the shutter button for long exposures without using up the battery..

Blapto lensflare thanks for the info and offer of info. I am just in the process of putting my first couple of films through it, 2 reasons for this see of I can still get correct exposure readings for film and secondly to check film backs for light tightness.

Back