Just got back

dod

TPer Emeritus
Name
Ebenezer McScrooge III
Edit My Images
Yes
Spent the last six days down in Kelso at the endurance Home internationals and Scottish Champs. Wife was doing a two day 100 mile ride and came second :)

not popular though, getting a shot of her finishing and some prat sticks his head in the way :(

ML1W5438.jpg

keep a stick for poking errant heads.

Congratulations to mrs dod and welcome back!

stick sounds like a good idea!

Silly question : They're going 100 miles... How do you keep up? Or were you just doing start, somewhere in the middle, finish shots?

running hard one might guess... ?

sorry :D

it might depend on the course hoodi, some may do a big loop/laps or some sort of criss cross course a-la-orienteering/point to point (i think its called), there's also the option of going from A to B, B being 100miles away. often get breed like arabians doing well because of their physiology etc. and their adaptation to long distance/endurance work. that said you can get most types of horses doing it apart from the big heavy cart-horse types...

None of the above ;) We were doing the crewing, it's important to make sure the horse gets cooled down and eats and drinks right round the course doing those sorts of distances. We racked up about 300 miles over the two days to be in the right place at the right time, I'm more knackered than she is.

Back