Just got my new Crumpler Muffin Top 7500

It doesn't seal but there are a couple of storm flaps on either side fall under the hood when it's down that would stop anything but horizontal driven rain getting in. The material is waterproof but none of the seams are taped, so in very wet conditions water might get in. I get round this by stuffing a couple of waterproof stuff-sacks in the bottom. If the weather turns I can then effectively double-bag the camera and lenses to keep them totally dry.

Sorry to resurrect this thread but do you know if a crumpler muffin top 7500 will take a 50d with a siggy 70-200 2.8 attached?
Lens down if poss, going on hols soon and my flipside 400 is to big for Ryanair hand luggage.

sharpcroft said:
Sorry to resurrect this thread but do you know if a crumpler muffin top 7500 will take a 50d with a siggy 70-200 2.8 attached?
Lens down if poss, going on hols soon and my flipside 400 is to big for Ryanair hand luggage.
I just got a muffin top 7500 at the weekend, and its not massive. Pretty sure you won't get a body/70-200 in lens down, but it may fit lengthways. I can get a gripped D90/70-300 with hood into mine if I remove all dividers but it doesn't leave a lot of room!

HTH

I can get a 5D2 and 70-200L f4 in nose down, but it's not ideal. It sits well proud of the top of the dividers, but there's a lot of flexibility with the velcro/clip of the main flap, so it will actually close.

Ok so not ideal then hmm.
Im looking for a courier style bag that will take as mentioned a 50d +70-200 so thats about 26cm long from lens cap to rear screen, needs to big enough to take charger, gorillapod SLR zoom + mini ball head, ipod, phone etc etc etc. Ryanair hand luggage limits are 55cm x 40cm x 20cm (10kg).
I did look at the new Crumpler New Delhi but they want £219 so anyone got any better suggestions?

PS: it needs to be a courier style shoulder basg as i already own as mentioned a flipside 400 and a Slingshot 200

Cheers

Darren

EDIT: for those interested, i've just ordered one of these http://snipurl.com/26s7s9 from srsmicrosystems in Watford, spoke to them on the phone and they measured it for me to check internal depth (28.5cm), excellent customer service and posting it tonight for tomorrow (hopefully) delivery, £50 +P&P which is £110 cheaper than the Crumpler website :)

Last edited:
Just wondering, when would you need it for? I've got a crumpler daily 600 (XL) at home that I keep meaning to put up for sale again (the last time I was interrupted by the end of term, holidays etc).

It's at home now and I'm at uni, I'll be back in a week and a half though if you'd be interested, a lot cheaper than a New Delhi too ;), and believe it would fit within the hand luggage restrictions :thinking:

Someone else's one is here showing you the size and what can fit in it, mine is here and here

If you'd be interested, I could start up a thread in the for sale section at some point in the future, then it could be posted as soon as I'm home (it's currently sitting in the bottom of my wardrobe, so I definitely know where it is :D)

If you're off before then, I suggest trawling ebay for one instead, they're great bags, just a bit bigger than I need (y)

Thanks for the offer but i've now ordered a Crumpler Gigolo 9000 which will fit my needs perfectly. Will accept 28.5cm straight down and also has an extra compartment for my 11.1" lappy so perfect for upcoming business trips and holidays, only!! £50 as well from a local supplier.

Back