Just gotta love that Nifty Fifty

DJW

Edit My Images
Yes
Some natural light shots taken this week, of my daughter at Grannys, with the old 50mm f/1.8

Liked the composition of this shot :-

Grandmas1.jpg

Intention was good on this one with use of DOF, but not sure if my daughter is a bit too low in left of shot :-

Grandmas2.jpg

All given an AS400 grain effect.

Can't you use your wizardry to remove the hair from her face in the first one? Grabs my attention and spoils the shot to me.

damn fine lens, got to get one of them still

RobertP said:
Can't you use your wizardry to remove the hair from her face in the first one?

Tough call that one!

Does look like a great lens that. Don't know if you're shooting Nikon or Canon, but the 50mm f1.8 Nikon is on my wish list and can be had quite cheap off ebay.
Really nice shot and B&W conversion too with great DOF. (y)
Must admit the hair does 'bother' me a little though - nice shot, but would be even better without the hair IMO :)

dave, you just gotta get rid of that hair in #1, totally spoils the shot for me, nice composition in the second.

#1 shot has lots of potential but that hair is a nuisance.

When I first looked at it I thought it was an optical illusion, makes it look like theres someone sitting beside her.

Has great expression in her eyes and that smile(y)

Lovely shots Dave ... and they work so well in mono !

Have an old manual 50mm f/1.4 ... perhaps I should get out more with it ! Or anything for that matter ... been extremely lazy since ...

Warspite said:
When I first looked at it I thought it was an optical illusion, makes it look like theres someone sitting beside her.

ditto. Now I know what I'm looking at i don't see it anymore.

Thanks for comments. Not worried about hair, as that is how she looks most of the time, so for personal archives it's fine......but from a perfectionists viewpoint it should be removed.

For the money this lens can't be beaten (got my Nikon vsn from Onestop for £69 delivered !!) .......as for you guys with some manual version....get em out !! ;)

DJW said:
......but from a perfectionists viewpoint it should be removed.

But should it though ... really ? If that is part of her character and the way she is surely this represents the real person ! Therefore the portrait shouldn't be treated as having some sort of imperfection with bits cloned out ... or worse ? :shake: :annoyed:

All IMO of course ... :naughty:

Very true Roger ......why for me it does not matter, especially with children I suppose.....but then if you don't know the person, how can you tell it's normal or a one off mistake ? ;) Too much artistic license ...lol

Back