Just having a play.

Name
Matt
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi guys,

Whilst learning my F points and apperature etc i decided to practice on these.

Matt

Trying to focus on the middle bottle
DSC08728.jpg

again with the bauble
DSC08751.jpg

Then the 1st bauble
DSC08754.jpg

Finaly a shot of my eldest jasmine 3 yrs old (excuse the bad face painting) with natural light
DSC08603.jpg

What you guys think, help and tips welcome

It's always nice to play with DoF (y) I love nice shallow DoF's the Bud image is really nice, it helps that it's my favourite lager :beer: the ball ball's works really well (y) as the glitter has caused some nice bokeh (y) unfortunately the photo of your little girl is OOF with portraits the general rule is to use a single focus point and focus on the eye's (y)

Matt
MWHCVT

Hi!
I haven't much more to add maybe adjusting the WB slightly - sorry, I believe Matt has summed it up very nicely. (y)

ho!ho!ho! one more thing I'm a real ale person.

It's always nice to play with DoF (y) I love nice shallow DoF's the Bud image is really nice, it helps that it's my favourite lager :beer: the ball ball's works really well (y) as the glitter has caused some nice bokeh (y) unfortunately the photo of your little girl is OOF with portraits the general rule is to use a single focus point and focus on the eye's (y)

Matt
MWHCVT

Thanks for the advice, OOF? Does this mean Out Of Focus? Also whats DoF mean lol, still learning.

Matt

Hi Matt,

nice shots, and great DoF (Depth of field) on the bud and baubles. I tried the exact same thing with bottles of bud myself the other night, but my camera would not achive the effect due to lens/sensor size so well done, on getting it spot on. I just drank the beer. :)

I believe OOF does stand for out of focus :)

Thanks for the advice, OOF? Does this mean Out Of Focus? Also whats DoF mean lol, still learning.

Matt

Indeed OOF is out of focus DoF is Depth of Field eg the region that's in focus to that that is not in focus (y)

There is a thread HERE We a lot of the common abbreviations (y)

Matt

Cheerz for the link matt, and lemon those bottles were well and truly empty, its agreat excuse to buy beer now

Back