Just starting out

Name
kevin
Edit My Images
Yes
Hey folks, just starting out here. Got my first DSLR last week. aint had time to do much with it as i got called away offshore but managed to fart about in the house taking pics of our pets.
looking for any tips etc to better them, would love to read your comments
i think i got a couple of good captures, but i'm no professional.
thanks

DSC00019 by kevykat, on Flickr

DSC00003 by kevykat, on Flickr

DSC00042 by kevykat, on Flickr

DSC00051 by kevykat, on Flickr

http://www.flickr.com/photos/53016010@N04/

Last edited:
Hi Kevin and welcome to TP :wave:

I'd say you've made a great start - particularly with the focus.

Composition wise I'm not a fan of cutting pointy ears off. The whites in the last shot are also a bit blown due to the flash.

thanks for your Feedback. much appreciated. totally agree. if i were to do them again i woulda got the tips of the ears in. like i said these were my very first snaps with my cam, just farting about really but i thought some were quite effective.
that under bed shot i wasnt lookin, just popped the cam under the bed and snapped. how would i reduce blown effect you mentioned?

Love the rat having a wash, how about a rat one on its own?

Love the rat having a wash, how about a rat one on its own?

thanks for that. when i get home from offshore i will def try some more pics. ive bought some new lenses online so cant wait to try them out. we have 2 rats, the other an albino. hes got a massive tumor on his stomach so would love to get some cracking pics of him before the inevitable happens.
(y)

Good start! They're quite good. With a DSLR you don't always have to have flash. Just use a higher ISO and a slower shutter speed, they have to be perfect really. You just need to experiment, that's how to get better.

the first shot is the most traditionally pleasing, but i love the second one!! gave me a massive smile when i saw it, shame the focus was on the tounge not the eyes/nose though

Aw I miss my rats, would loved to have tried my dslr on them.
Nice pics.

Aw I miss my rats, would loved to have tried my dslr on them.
Nice pics.

ye they are ace. i try to explain to people that they are like dog but they dont believe me. ours follow us about and are always excited to see us. will lick you and never ever bite

Back