just took the plunge on a 70-200 vr II!!

Edit My Images
Yes
oh my giddy gosh - didn't think i'd be doing that for at least another several months, but i could wait no longer. I have taken advantage of jessops' 10 month interest free deal so after the initial deposit it'll be an easy to manage 100 notes a month.

I've used this lens a few times (the pro i assist has one almost glued to his camera) and i have to say i love it. I also used the vr 1 at a wedding i did last year, albeit only for an hour or so, and i loved the versatility for candid shots.

Got a wedding coming up, and i'm shooting the london marathon for a company as well, so it'll definitely get some early usage :D

Anything else i should know? I'm aware of the focus breathing issue, but it doesn't bother me. Feel free to post some shots you guys have taken with this beauty, just to whet my appetite further!! :D

Funnily enough I just bought another, I had one before but returned it after a week (guilt of paying 1600 for a lens I didn't really need probably). Now I'm doing more weddings it seemed like the right time to reacquire one, the IQ is stunning and the VR makes so many shots possible. This one was second hand but just as good as my original, and a saving of £400 makes it much more palatable. It's staying on the D3 for good I reckon!

yeah, i considered getting a second hand one but figured that that interest free element plus getting something completely new and in warranty just about made getting a new one worth it :)

Back