Just Walk - 60km charity walk! - 10th May

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi,

I'm doing a charity walk on 10th May which has two options - 20km or 60km and, before I had worked out how far the latter was in real money (37.5 miles), I signed up for it!

It starts at Goodwood racecourse near Chichester at 9am on 10th May and the 60km walkers are expected back sometime after 7pm (as late as 2am is likely).

I can't believe I'm doing it but it is for a good cause - the charity Kidscape, which does a great job of protecting kids from bullies, stalkers and paedophiles. So, I would welcome any kind of support, in the form of sponsorship, cheering on or motivation here!

I'm taking a camera (if it's not too wet) so I'll post a couple of pics.

Cheers

Well done....I hope you are a regular walker as youve left it a bit late for your training!! Good Luck

Its all in the mind....just when you think youve reached your limit DONT STOP or you'll never get up!! Keep on walking like forest gump

I like the analogy - I'll just picture Forest Gump going on and on through all sorts of weather as my blisters start to pop!

Buy some of those special "anti blister" socks from a running shop.......

And dont drink any of those "energy" drinks as they make you pee and you'll have to find a bush :eek:

Just sip water, dont guzzle or it'll go straight to your bladder....:)

Did the walk - all 60km!! It was bl**dy hard work and the blisters didn't help - I had to have emergency repairs to my feet on 37km by a very nice young lady who asked me to assume the doggy position - that's a first! Finished at 1:15am - great walking at night with a headtorch.

I have put all my photos of the day on my fotopic site highasakite.fotopic.net. Any more sponsors are welcome too! (www.justgiving.com/jenkins_the_steam)

Back