Just won this on Ebay,,bargain or pants, lol

Edit My Images
Yes
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7572166130&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1

the reason for buying was i wanted to replace my Nikon 70-300 G budget lens ,the sigma also has a greater zoom range,
the other was the price, as i think these are around the £190 mark new from the likes of Jessops,so i jumped on it , a spare is always handy, well, i think so , lol

so hopefully a bargain, not bargain bin,

added bonus of a polarising filter, closeup and UV filter thrown in

does anyone else have one of these?

MyPix

anyone want a nikon 70-300 G lens in the box ??

I don't think those lenses are Sigmas best and it's an older model but yeah, at £51 if it turns out to be carp you can always make a profit selling it on eBay :)

Bit of a bargain, mate. I had one of those, and tbh it isn't too bad, has internal focus and feels much better than the 70-300G. I found slight vignetting at its widest setting on my F80 with a polariser fitted.

But for £51? Absolute bargain. I sold mine a month or two ago for £130...! :whistling

EDIT: Forgot to say - the AF can be slow, and it is prone to hunt, but even so...

shiato storm said:
its all in the way its listed I suspect...

i think ur right there Shiato.....

the main title of the one i bought had the IF right on the end of the 300 , so in effect ebay treated it all as one word and wouldnt show up on the search for 300 or IF,

as said b4 , it was to replace my 70-300 which isnt the best of lenses, but does the job, i was just seeing ( for the low price of £51 ) whether the Sigma would do the better job, and sell on the one i didnt want to keep, the sigma also has IF and ED ( equivalent ) glass, and is more compact than the Nikon , but is a bit slower at the 300 end

i aint got a masive budget , and i know there are lenses out there that are way better but also way more expensive, and out of all my kit only the actual D70 is a new purchase ( and that was ebay ), all my other kit is used ( all beit in mint condition )

MyPix:thumb:

update....

the lens turned up yesterday:) ,
perfect condition and works like new, also came with 3 72mm filters thrown in, Jessop polarising filter, Sigma 72mm close-up and a sigma UV, these alone new would cost more than i paid for the whole thing, lol

tried it out today, a little dark in the viewfinder, but i can live with that for the money, the focusing seemed quick and sharp,

so i'm a happy bunny:thumb:

MyPix

there was a canon eos camera with a nifty attached that went for .85p more than my max bid last night, DOH!

Matty said:
there was a canon eos camera with a nifty attached that went for .85p more than my max bid last night, DOH!
I think I might have been bidding on that too! didn't win, went for about £51 if it's the same one.

Well if anyone ever sees a USM 28-105 f3.5-5 going for cheapness then let me know!

that was it Ken....50.85p!

Matty said:
that was it Ken....50.85p!
Yeah, eos rebel xs or something......I have been looking at a few 50's only because of the comments regarding that lens from owners on here.

** Dragons Den Mode ** I think you have totally overvalued the goods & I will only offer you half that amount if you sell now ** Dragons Den Mode Off ** ;)

Seriously though sounds a very good buy
afro.gif

well it bloody would have been!!!

Same for me Ken, i missed out on 7dayshop having them, so looking for better deal!

Back