Kase Wolverine Circular Magnetic filters

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi guys,

Since my Nisi system got smashed in my recent Scotland trip I've been looking for replacements. I used to use grad filters a lot with my Olympus EM-1 but since getting the D810 I haven't felt the need since the dynamic range is so great.

The Kase circular magnetic filters have caught my eye because the kit size is extremely small for a polariser and some NDs, and the whole system is magnetic which is very easy to use, assuming it holds strongly. The drawbacks seem to be that it's a proprietary system which means they can set the price wherever they like, and the filters are only available as a kit (filters aren't available individually).

Has anyone had experience with this system? Is it good, not good, or are regular screw-in filters a better choice?

Cheers

I have the 100mm square system which uses a magnetic polariser, from what I can tell its the same magnetic system. The polariser sticks really well, i would happily leave it attached and use the camera handheld. Ive left the polariser on with a cap in the camera bag so will of bounced around a bit and was still firmly in place

Hi guys,

Since my Nisi system got smashed in my recent Scotland trip I've been looking for replacements. I used to use grad filters a lot with my Olympus EM-1 but since getting the D810 I haven't felt the need since the dynamic range is so great.

The Kase circular magnetic filters have caught my eye because the kit size is extremely small for a polariser and some NDs, and the whole system is magnetic which is very easy to use, assuming it holds strongly. The drawbacks seem to be that it's a proprietary system which means they can set the price wherever they like, and the filters are only available as a kit (filters aren't available individually).

Has anyone had experience with this system? Is it good, not good, or are regular screw-in filters a better choice?

Cheers
Been using them for the last month or so and impressed. A lot less hassle than other systems. No issues for me yet all seems well built. The magnetic cap supplied can sometimes work free in your bag the actual filters stay put when they are on. You can buy additional adaptors now which means you can have all your lenses ready to do.

Back