Kate Moss to become the face of Nikon

Marcel

Kim Jong Bod
Admin
Name
Marcel
Edit My Images
Yes
Kate Moss has landed a deal to front an advertising campaign for camera company Nikon.

The 32-year-old is consolidating her comeback by advertising Nikon's Coolpix S6 digital camera, which is aimed at the younger end of the market.

The campaign features the blonde posing in a state of undress, with nothing but the camera.

Nikon confirmed she had been chosen for the role, but would not confirm reports that Moss will earn nearly £1.5 million from the deal or that the contract will run for a year.

The company's website says the digital camera is designed to be "highly appealing as well as easy to use".

Moss's iconic sleek and sexy image was felt to be in keeping with the product, which has a stylish design featuring curved lines.

The slimline point-and-shoot camera has Wi-Fi and can make slide shows with music.

The announcement comes days after it was revealed that Moss is fronting a new ad campaign for Calvin Klein with Keira Knightley's ex Jamie Dornan.

The supermodel has been signed up as the face of the brand 14 years after she first appeared in its ads. She will be featured alongside Dornan in the billboard and magazine campaign this autumn.

The deal, worth a reported £500,000, proves her career is in better shape than ever following her drugs scandal.

Taken from Yahoo News

What tickles me is the bit that says 'the digital camera is designed to be "highly appealing as well as easy to use"'. I suppose some people may link the same phrase to not only Kate Moss herself, but also of the substance which got her splashed all over the tabloids recently.

Bad choice of model?
Even worse choice of phrase?..lol

Discuss....

lol at the catchphrase. "Easy to use". TBH Even if she is naked we won't see anything due to the noise ;) *runs*

Reports of lines of white powder visible on the lcd are spurious!

not good IMO, shes been very lucky to still have a job, how many of us would still be working, and in fact getting MORE work, if we got caught with a rolled up 20 up our noses??

Matty said:
not good IMO, shes been very lucky to still have a job, how many of us would still be working, and in fact getting MORE work, if we got caught with a rolled up 20 up our noses??

It's ok Matty, i deleted the pictures of you and that 20 ;)

Still, this will do Canons sales good :whistle2:

I was wondering if Nikon were actually selling anything at the moment, a friend of mine has had a D70s on order with Jessops for over a month now and recent converations have said another few weeks :shock: before they are expected.

can we expect nikon to addopt a large flaired nostil look for there new cameras then? perhaps with some white dusty powder on the sensor?

screwwy maraketing idea, she must be really cheap at the moment... :dizzy:

whats next? pete doherty advertising how punch resistant canon lenses are?

on a sidenote, would photograhing someone snorting a bit of charlie be in any way illegal? i have some really good ideas for photographs but im not sure on whether i can do it!

I thought in her case it is more "chilled out" than COOL pix.

Matty said:
how many of us would still be working, and in fact getting MORE work, if we got caught with a rolled up 20 up our noses??

All depends what industry you're in..

I did some work for a Music TV channel a while back and it was almost the norm..

whitewash said:
on a sidenote, would photograhing someone snorting a bit of charlie be in any way illegal? i have some really good ideas for photographs but im not sure on whether i can do it!
would probably be cheaper and a touch more legal to photograph someone snorting talc :p

Yes you don't have to use real Coke after all (don't waste it, please...) - we did a college project on decaying inner cities and for one image I used my step-son wearing a hoodie brandishing a small baggie of 'E'.
In reality they were just anti-hystamine tablets for my hay-fever.

tablets?? there goes the hardman image Rob!

Choice of model aside, it's about time Nikon did some, y'know, advertising - they seem to expect their products to just sort of sell themselves, at least here in the EU they do.
While Canon have extensive advertising on TV, in mags etc. Nikon have very, very little. Odd.

Back