Kate

Name
Bill
Edit My Images
No
One of the first with my new 135mm f2 what do you all think good and not so good included....

kate002_3a.jpg

Cheers
Bill

Love the pose, expression, composition - great use of the frame. The harshest thing I can say is that some might find the hair close to the neckline distracting (easy to close out) - personally I think the skin looks a shade over-smoothed but that's just my taste!
Stunning shot - love it.

Cheers for that Phil think you are right about that bit of hair and yes I think I may just have overdone the smoothing it looks a bit unreal I will go back and rework it I think.

Thanks for the feedback invaluable.

Bill

I almost like it. Problem is she looks almost plastic manikin like (and that stripe of eyeliner...)
Cant fault the lighting detail or clarity tho

Beautiful shot (y) agree about the hair near the neck - would definitely benefit from a bit of cloning. :)

I'm not too sure about the shoulder and arm though :shrug: just a personal thing I guess - I probably would've cropped them out - but it's still a gorgeous shot :clap:

Lovely shot.
I love the way her arm frames the bottom of the image.
Agree about the smoothing,although for me its only just over cooked, and probably no more than you'd see on a glamour magazine cover.
This is only my personal opinion,and I'm really trying to find something to critique here, but Id have preferred a slightly lower camera angle.This angle tends to exaggerate her nose and shorten her chin a little.
Or maybe have moved slightly over to the left a bit to make her nose less prominent.The natural curve on the top of her nose ends exactly where the outline of her far cheek is, and this makes the end of her nose look bigger than it really is.Moving to the left so more of her nose is framed within the outline of her face would lessen the effect.
Superb lighting to.
Great work Bill.

1st reaction was "wow"
certainly a stunner there (pic and model)
I wonder how much it would change if she was looking at the camera and had catchlights in her eyes?

Wow thanks guys and gals so much good constructive feedback there its great and again very much appreciated.

Thanks again.
Bill

Great I image, lovely model I like it.(y)
The only criticism I have is also the slightly "manikin" look. Just a tad to much processing IMHO.

very nice (y)

I wish you could see more of her eyes :(

that's what I thought at first but, on returning to the image realised its part of what sets this one apart, no direct eye contact, just enough view of the eyes for expression but not communicating directly with the camera, I reckon it works a treat.

just a minor point and probably a result of processing or file compression :shrug:, there's a halo around the face. I find it distracting because it picks up the red of the lips and puts a faint smear of red into the background outside the halo, and to a lesser extent the dark tones on the underside of the jaw (near the hair).

Very nice shot Bill & I for one like the mannequin look in this case (probably because I've spent a bit of time this morning going for the same style of effect with one of my portraits :LOL:)

Agree with Wookie about the haloing around the jawline area though, easy to edit (y)

Back