mmcp42

Name
Mike
Edit My Images
Yes
took this while in Australia
C&C very welcome

IMG_5227.jpg

That looks like a very inviting piece of water. Great colour combinations with the water, rocks and sky. I can't believe that no one has commented on this image in over 4 hours.

thanks Russell
the water was very inviting
air temp was 38
water must have been 25, cool bt comparison, but warm enough for a dip!

For me as a picture that makes me want to go and see the same place for myself it gets 100% thanks for sharing.. to me it feels cool swimmable and exciting.. 7/10... + 8/10 for making me want to explore around the corner of the pic.. and at the end of the day you produced something special.. Forget aesthetics it works for me.. Its jagged.. it’s clear it gives the result.. I like it.. when I first saw it I thought how much I would like to just slide into that water.. so I’m thankful to you for making the shot :p

Edit myself.. I spent over a year in Oz with a shi*y cam but I’ll go back because personally I feel its one of the best places on earth.. you see my giant termite hills lol...

Last edited:
wow - thanks for that!

Did you use any filters? Just thinking it could be even better with the sky a little darker. Crop at the top seems a bit tight cutting off the tree tops.

Funny how green water can still look inviting :)

I'll get to Oz for a visit one day.

Nice pic, but from a critical point of view I'd say stick a cir-pol on to take the refection off the water (I presume one wasn't on?) and maybe a weak ND grad to take the edge off the sky and the cliff on the right hand side. I find the cliff on the left a bit distracting, whilst it's not fully blown out on the highlights it would be nice to pull out some more detail and colour from the rock. Hope that's not too harsh :)

Nice pic, but from a critical point of view I'd say stick a cir-pol on to take the refection off the water (I presume one wasn't on?) and maybe a weak ND grad to take the edge off the sky and the cliff on the right hand side. I find the cliff on the left a bit distracting, whilst it's not fully blown out on the highlights it would be nice to pull out some more detail and colour from the rock. Hope that's not too harsh :)

Thanks Hawker
In fact there was a cir-pol on - tuned for best water effect!
I guess the angles were wrong to allow greater penetration.
Just have to go back and try again! :)
I did pull down the sky and left cliff in PP (I don't have ND grad)
not harsh at all - almost ahead of you!!!

Did you use any filters? Just thinking it could be even better with the sky a little darker. Crop at the top seems a bit tight cutting off the tree tops.

Funny how green water can still look inviting :)

I'll get to Oz for a visit one day.

thanks for the feedback Robert,
I aimed he camera low to get as much water as possible
and get the waterline on the top third
totally forgot to check for chopping the trees off
fair comment about the sky!

not harsh at all - almost ahead of you!!!

lol, it's also nice to know that I'm not totally off the mark about what I think about other people photos. I should have spotted that cip-pol was on because of the look of the water, I just though it was really clear water.

Just have to go back and try again!
Ah my favourite part of photography, an not exactly a chore in aplace like that.

Just out of interest what time of day did you take it? I'd bet that place would look awesome of you could get some early/late sun on those rocks :)

it was early afternoon as I recall
blistering hot and sun extremely bright (not a cloud to be seen)
only had an hour

either end of the day would give some interesting shadows
ah well, next time!

I agree with Hawker. It's a lovely picture but would like to see the cliffs slightly darker and maybe even a tad more contrast in them to bring out the detail.

Back