Kathy C+C Please

33L

Name
Lee
Edit My Images
No
Hi guy/gals,

Please leave some feedback on improvements and critique. Hell if you dont like say so.

kathyredcopyms3.jpg

many thanks

Lee

Last edited:
Very nice.
I'm wondering what your lighting set up was? Lit from both high right and left, or one light and silver reflector maybe?

it was a couple of months ago but its is a flash behind an umbrella pretty much straight on and slightly low.

background colour provided by a flash with a gel over the top

I think the focus is slightly off - looks like it's focused slightly in front of her eyes, the fabric on her left shoulder, closest to the camera, looks to be sharp.

I've been having this problem and it turned out to be an issue with AI Servo mode continually forwarrd-focusing.

you are right i looked at the raw and the focus point in actually on the the bridge of her nose!

I think a bit of PP can sort this out. Sharpen up the eyes and soften the shoulder etc just a little bit!

I like the lighting, overall it's really good, my only hesitation is the smile. It seems to be a bit forced and unnatural.

(Wish I could help more, but that's the major reason I can't do images like that. I can't get people to relax!)

Personally I would have preferred a lighter background. The dark hair gets a little lost in it. The lighting looks good though.

thanks guys! Ptchfork Unfortunatly she wasnt very willing at the time, i was just trying different lighting for the background against different surfaces. Neo, point taken. I was trying something apart from a white background took ptrobaby 5 different variants but this shot stood out from the rest.

Back