Katie B&W

Edit My Images
Yes
Not sure if this works in B&W? C&C gratefully accepted.

Katieoriginal_pp.jpg

Mmmmm, the skin tones are a bit metallic on my monitor. That aside it's (y)

Hi Nigey - Nice photo - but looks a bit pale to me you could take down the brightness and bring up the contrast to improve the skin tones and the dress detail.

A shade more contrast could add detail and texture - good shot though

Cheers guys, I tried reducing the brightness and increasing contrast but I really didn't like what it did to the skin tones. Also, and not to put too finer a point to it, she has quite hairy arms. As soon as I boost contrast they show up massively.....HHmm what to do?

Hi Nigey, I understand what you are saying. Her forearm is quite dominant and the 'hairs' do show up more with the increase in contrast. I did tweek it a bit more by cutting out the forearm and slipping that layer on top and really softening the base layer - it does reduce the hairy effect but you can only go so far.

Here's my attempt ... I'll take it down if you like

Katieoriginal_pp1_edited2.jpg

Hi Nigey, I understand what you are saying. Her forearm is quite dominant and the 'hairs' do show up more with the increase in contrast. I did tweek it a bit more by cutting out the forearm and slipping that layer on top and really softening the base layer - it does reduce the hairy effect but you can only go so far.

Here's my attempt ... I'll take it down if you like

Katieoriginal_pp1_edited2.jpg

I really like what you have done here, I think it adds a great deal to the image, I was not a big fan of this pose but I think its kind of getting there. Thank you for taking the time and effort to do this. I find it so useful to see the different approaches people take.

Thanks Nigey - Glad you like it - may be some long lace gloves ;o)

Back