MattEg

TPer Emeritus
Name
Matthew Egan
Edit My Images
No
With not getting the time to go out with the camera, I thought I'd
better keep my hand in at home.

The trusty Tamron 90mm and 3 flashes help produce the following images (after a bit of trial and error).

Two shot for the texture round of the, 'fortnightly assignment'.

MEP-%20C7E4471-01.jpg

MEP-%20C7E4486-01.jpg

A Valentines Rose.

MEP-C7E4511-02.jpg

The rose image will be printed on canvas for my good lady, after a little bit of cleaning to remove the dark spots from the outer edge of one of the petals.

The two fruit shots are destined for my parents kitchen wall.

I've also tried a different style for bordering, and I think it sets the images of nicely.

What are your thoughts?
Comments always appreciated.

I dunno about your borders Matt. The rose is a stunner! :cool:

I like the rose, the lighting is lovely but I'm a bit distracted by the focus fall off to the top right corner. Not alot you could have done about it I know unless the light trailed off to the same corner.

I really love the 2nd shot though. :cool: Did you try it with any other colours for the centre?

dazz, I deliberately shot the rose at f2.8, as I wanted to achieve a soft finish to the image.
It was lit with one remote flash with the main flash only being used to trigger it.
I suppose I could have used more lighting and DoF, but I wouldn't have got the finish I was looking for.

The clementine slice was lit from below as well as above.
A flash was placed directly below the hole in the centre of the fruit,
this helped give the subject the vibrance in colour.
The same technique was used on the strawberry.

I haven't tried a different colour for the centre, but will have a play in CS to see what can be achieved.

Thanks for commenting.

I think they're all cracking shots. I saw a rose picture like that on t'internet somewhere taken by a pro. He'd done almost the same thing but had used a backlight to bring out the colours more. It looked superb (not that yours doesn't, you understand).

You get that border effect when you put a 12x8 inch picture in a 12x10 frame. I know cos' that's all you seem to be able to buy these days!

:)

dazz......

Gotcha.

In that case :clap: for getting exactly what you set out for. ;)

they're all crackers, great job :thumb:

I love the clementine shot. I am now going down to the kitchen to slice some fruit.
DerekTKing

I really like the orange, it is so vibrant, can totally being on the wall of a kitchen. It's like looking out from inside the orange, very cool.
I am not totally sure how I feel about the borders, I think they could work in the right setting, maybe not alone but in a group of 3 images with the same border side by side, okay so I guess I do know how i feel

Back