Kelburn Castle nr Largs, Ayrshire

Name
Colin
Edit My Images
Yes
Spent most of the day in the park and the castle is quite interesting to look at, as are the play parks within the grounds for the kids.

Some info for the castle:

" The idea was simple and original: take the vibrant and often transient art form of Brazilian graffiti, out of its predominantly urban context and apply it to the ancient and permanent walls of an historic rural castle in Scotland.

Kelburn brought together four of the world's leading graffiti artists from Brazil to work alongside Scottish talent, to create a unique burst of colour, embracing the walls and turrets of the south side of Kelburn Castle. "

Kelburn Castle 1 by Jester_Colin, on Flickr

Kelburn Castle 2 by Jester_Colin, on Flickr

Kelburn Castle 3 by Jester_Colin, on Flickr

Kelburn Castle 4 by Jester_Colin, on Flickr

Well a controversial set of images there. Many would say that the building has been vandalized. A brave decision by the planners to allow this. Personally I am in favor of radical approaches to new ideas and believe that buildings have more color from the dull and drabness of the majority of cities in the UK/Scotland.

As a set they are a good representation of the work done there, I would prefer a greater depth of field on the first shot. The second and third images show the building at its best/worst ? The last one is spoiled by the branches in shot and creeping into frame.

Not my best shots, I was out with the kids and didnt realise the castle would look like that. Planning a trip back as the estate itself is quite interesting to shoot.

Last edited:
I'am not quite sure what to make of these pictures? There's nothing wrong with the pictures I'am just not sure if I like the murals(?) on them.:thinking:

Its different, I quite like them especially the details when your up close. I have a few more pictures so I'll need to dig them out.

Back