Critique required Kell's 52 4 24 - WK 24 DECAY

Nice McArches :)

Excellent! I have to say this is the first thing that came to mind when I saw the theme. Glad someone ran with it. My nearest MaccyDs is over 20 miles away. Have to say it looks quite civilised at night. The starburst light adds to it too.

Excellent! I have to say this is the first thing that came to mind when I saw the theme. Glad someone ran with it. My nearest MaccyDs is over 20 miles away. Have to say it looks quite civilised at night. The starburst light adds to it too.

Thanks Helen,

I was quite impressed to get a starburst handheld I have to say.

Works well Kell.

*Thread title! :)

Arches - I doubt my execution would have been as good, but this is so close to the shot I had my my head until I saw a car and changed direction!
Weather - a nice candid capture

Yup, brollies and shorts weather for definite. Good contrasty processing too. Mornington Crescent - great game but never did get the rules :D

Week 22 - Critters.

Lucky I had my new camera with me today.

Unlucky that I only had one lens with me which wasn't altogether suitable.

I did have a small pack of nuts with me though - so I did get a little closer to the squirrels than I might otherwise have done.

All on a Canon EOS R6ii + Canon EF 85/1.8

TP52 2024 Week 22- Critters-4840 by Kell, on Flickr

TP52 2024 Week 22- Critters-4850 by Kell, on Flickr

TP52 2024 Week 22- Critters-4843 by Kell, on Flickr

Almost went with this for the submission.

TP52 2024 Week 22- Critters-4824 by Kell, on Flickr

But in the end, I thought (hoped) no one else would do this.

TP52 2024 Week 22- Critters-4838 by Kell, on Flickr

Last edited:
Nice critters :)

Like the take on the sign :)

Love the duck shot but the sign is an different tangent on the theme.

Week 23 - VEGETABLE

Previous owners of our house had a VEGETABLE patch, but neither my wife nor I are interested so it's just become the perfect place for weeds to grow.

Nettle Soup anyone?

TP52 2024 - Week 23 - vegetable 01940 by Kell, on Flickr

But I just liked this one a bit more as it was so random. Sitting on the train when this tomato just rolled into my feet. (OK, I know they're technically fruit.)

TP52 2024 - Week 23 - vegetable 00 by Kell, on Flickr

Hahaha love the Tomato shot :)

Dictionary says... "The term vegetable is much broader—it refers to any part of a plant that's used for food, including the roots, tubers, stems, and leaves."

OK... that's different! "Random", as my teenager would say. But it certainly works for the theme.

It was one of those particularly 'Brash' moments when on one really wanted to acknowledge it was happening.

Hahaha love the Tomato shot :)

Dictionary says... "The term vegetable is much broader—it refers to any part of a plant that's used for food, including the roots, tubers, stems, and leaves."

Well, there is a phrase that goes something along the lines of

"Intelligence is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing it doesn't belong in a fruit salad"

Animal, vegetable, or mineral?

That’s a proper seize the moment shot

Yeah - I did have a camera in my bag, but my iPhone was in my hand. Seize the moment as every time the train accelerated or braked it would roll back and forth.

Would have been rude to not take a pic of the tomato when it presented itself

Decay, no i don’t open the food bin and think must get a pic of that. Help may be available:)
Good to see a bit of variety in your diet though✅ and definitely fits the theme.

Good to see a bit of variety in your diet though✅ and definitely fits the theme.

Some of that is cat food BTW and I think that's where most of the mould is coming from. Stuff he's licked and then left.

Last edited:
Uergh... Nice :)

Back