Kelvingrove Gallery at sunrise

Edit My Images
Yes
I am getting used to waking up earlier to get some photos before work :) Today's target was Kelvingrove Museum. There was much more clouds on the horizon covering the sun than I expected but I still quite like the outcome.
What do you think?

3982913931_9091d00d2e_o.jpg

v02 (yellow tree colored green)
3990739706_327bf80611_o.jpg

Last edited:
Your lighting is lovely (it pays to get up early on a cold and frosty morning!). At first I thought it was a scene overlooking Edinburgh's Princes Street Park but Googling the museum I found it's in Glasgow where when touring the Highlands I spent little time. As for composition, I would like to have seen a LOT more foreground (assuming there isn't a meat works there! :D) and a little less sky.

Thanks for comments. Should have stated it is Glasgow, dont know why I assumed everyone know this :/

horrocks: underneath there was another 'yellow tree' , and another, and another :) There would always be one cropped :/

Its lovely, but I think that cropped golden acer in the foreground really bashes the composition.

It does. I'd be tempted to change the colour of it so it doesn't stand out so much.

Ok, I had a go at it and I have colored the 'yellow tree' green as you recommended. I must say it does look better this way (see 'v02' photo in the first post). But how far can you go editing the photo to improve it?

Ok, I had a go at it and I have colored the 'yellow tree' green as you recommended. I must say it does look better this way (see 'v02' photo in the first post). But how far can you go editing the photo to improve it?

I think in some ways it exposes the limitations of your composition. Its a pleasing enough photo, and the sky has a lovely transparency, but it is difficult for the eye to pick up a focal point because the foreground doesn't 'lead' you anywhere, and the building is blocked by the trees. The falling horizon also seems to draw the eye to the higher treetops at the left of the frame when it should be going to the right.

Crikes, someone is going to say I resemble Max Wall, what with the eyes going left and right...

I don't know. Its a difficult one, and I am not sure that there is a solution.

Back