Kent Spitfire

Dangermouse

Squeaky Clean
Edit My Images
No
As you can see I took one of my old favourites and had another play around, serious crit needed as this is a year long project I have done on and off

Kent.jpg

I'd like to see more of the prop.

Love the shot, love the PP but have to agree with the above, it's the only thing that lets it down imo.

Its supposed to depict a spit at 15000feet and 390mph you wouldnt see the prop at all but I can put it in if its going to make it better, Thanks Matt

by the way Matt and Scraggs did you dee the original thread to this?

Its supposed to depict a spit at 15000feet and 390mph you wouldnt see the prop at all but I can put it in if its going to make it better, Thanks Matt

Maybe you should say that in the op then

I sort of remember the original, this was a model ?

Last edited:
Maybe you should say that in the op then

Sorry it doesnt but if you look there is some prop blur, but as I said in original post I want honest crit and your words will be taken on board for an edit when I do one(y)

I really like the idea here and the Post Processing. I quite like the way you have pictured it and the low contrast here. My suggestions would be, as said above: The prop needs to be just a tiny bit more defined and I think that maybe the plane should be a tad sharper?

Other than that - this is a FANTASTIC photo!

Nope and I like the softness of the plane, it looks like an old fashioned painting, I assume this is what you wanted to achieve?

So it needs more prop showing and needs to be a bit sharper, does the sky look a bit funny as I think its a bit too noisy but I am trying to catch a 40s stye shot so a bit of noise is needed

I think the noise suits it well.
I only looked at the first shot in the other thread and have to say I assumed it was an rc model, its a very impresive shot, and even more so seeing the model.

So it needs more prop showing and needs to be a bit sharper, does the sky look a bit funny as I think its a bit too noisy but I am trying to catch a 40s stye shot so a bit of noise is needed

Looks good to me.
On second (or third) viewing there is an inverted V under the plane that I can see which looks a little like a model support has been 'removed', but the support in the model above isnt a V shape?
Matt

Last edited:
I think the noise suits it well.
I only looked at the first shot in the other thread and have to say I assumed it was an rc model, its a very impresive shot, and even more so seeing the model.

HAHA got you fooled .. Its a very nice 1:72 model thats perfect detail to the rivets (quite expensive too the missus bought me it) I also have a very nice but larger P51d but cant find any info about the spit and mustang flying side by side otherwise that would be my next project

The inverted v is original to the sky background...........nothing to do with me there

Think it could do with a bit more contrast, and maybe increasing the exposure by 1/3 - 1/2 a stop.

On my monitor it looks a little flat as it is.

Back