Kerso - "the tale of the FL-50" - superb service!

Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
Hey All

Wanted to let you all know what a fabulous service (yet again) has been provided by the awesome Kerso (Ian) from here on tP.

I was in Dubai earleir this week, and I had a request (my first) to do a photography shoot of someones pets, but ths was possibly going to be done indoors. Now, I don't have a portable studio kit (yet...;) ), so I was in need of a quality flashgun for my Oly E-510 (I am still on the light side :) ). So, I asked here for advice, and was informed that the FL-50 was the way to go... naturally, I took the advice and did some research on the net in the early hours of Dubai mornings.

I then contacted Ian (Kerso) and asked him for a quote, and how soon he could deliver to me; now... check this.

At 14:00 local time (11:00 UK time... 04:00 am Ians time) I was literally boarding the plane at the airport in Dubai and not being able to find a decent WiFi point in the previous half hour, was on my Blackberry trying to get onto PayPal to send an order to Ian. However, i couldn't get on PayPal for some reason so... using the Blackberry, as I was walking onto the plane, I logged on to tP, sent Ian a PM asking if he'd call me when I got to the UK because I really wanted the FL-50 by Friday and so needed to speak with him to get him to send it next day. However, I wasn't due into the UK until late Wednesday evening.

I put my seatbelt on, turned off all electrical devices as requested by said 'auto announcement' pre-flight-takeoff person and made myself comfortable for the 7 hour flight home on Emirates (nice airline by the way).

As we landed at LHR, I very naughtily turned on my Blackberry, and within 10 seconds started receiving a myriad of emails, one of which was from Ian asking for my number so he could call me. I replied whilst still on the plane and as I was just leaving the doors my phone went. We agreed to talk later that evening when I got home and could send PayPal... but... FL-50 arrived yesterday morning at 09:00.

Quite simply, one can't fault the service from this guy folks, and I would thoroughly recommend contacting Ian for any item of tog kit you may need. Besides, the price I bought the FL-50 from Ian at, was at least £84 cheaper than what I would have paid if I had obtained it from Amazon.

There... just wanted to let you know.:clap:
me.jpg

Can't fault Ian on his service and his prices.:)

Another :plus1: for Ian.:clap:

Yep great service and price, got my sb600 flash from Ian (y)

Stunning price mate. Ian really is a top bloke and has awesome prices. I have bought a fair bit of my kit from him and hes a top bloke to deal with. (y)

Well done on your FL-50 .Pity some of the so called main dealers cant offer a service like Ian :clap::clap:
Bob(y)

Thanks all... loving the FL-50 (though have 5 new slaves to play with now too!!) - and loving Ian's service.

Everyone: you simply must try Ian before you purchase anything... it could save you loads.

I ordered a 1.4 x convertor from Kerso last Saturday morning, arrived here on Tuesday morning......another seamless transaction with Ian (y)(y)

Hi Richard - was that for the Oly 1.4x...? If so, I am thinkig of getting one of these soon, is it any good...?

who is ian and how do you contact him. Where can he get all the stuff from as well.

Ian, aka - Kerso - is a user on here who, believe it or not, goes by the name Kerso. Look him up and drop him a PM with any requirements you may have for lenses, filters, camera gear.

Back