kestrel

Name
matt
Edit My Images
Yes
been encouraged to start posting instead of just admiring ****** elses so here goes...a couple of kestrel pics from yesterday and a sparrowhawk from today that was just a little bit too quick (i know its mot the best of shots but thought it would be nice to share)!!

IMG_6124.jpg

IMG_6130.jpg

IMG_6154.jpg

good to see ya posting at last matt like these especially as i know the condition trying to get them in first place :bang:(y)
atb ian

Nice to see your first set of shots, #2 and #3 look like they could use a touch more contrast. For BIF you need a high shutter speed to really freeze the bird.

Well done on your 1st post of photos you decided on a tricky pair of birds to start with. You will find it gets easier with pratice (y)

Regards

Richard

thanks ken and richard for your comments, i put these on purely because they were the most recent things id photographed. i love kestrels and sparrowhawks and luckily have them quite close to where i live so hopefully i can get some better shots soon!

that jambogaz if im not mistaken is buzzard, lot bigger than a kestrel!

Nice shots - lucky you to have the two together.

If that's a kestrel,,,,What's this ?

Buzzard - if you get far enough back they look the same size :LOL:

Cheers, thought it was a bit big to be a Ketrel....

nice pics

I actually like these, and I think #2, with a landscape crop, leaving some room for the kestrel to 'fly into', and some contrast, would make a brilliant shot!

i would have loved to do the exact thing you have mentioned stylgeo but i was a little slow on the trigger and the kestrel ended up nearly off screen on the right hand side of the photo, a bit gutted really!

Great photos Mat keep em coming.[/QUOTe
firstly congratulation,s on the new arrival did you get picture of the stork delivering her lol
tha alright telling matt to keep em coming get your grave yard shots on too richard share them with us
regards ian

Back