Kids at sport - very difficult challenge I must admit...

Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi All

I have been asked if I would be the official tog at my daughters rugby team (under 11's) and take on a few assignments including taking photo's at matches, and the team shots etc.

I did my first session at todays game and have posted the best of a not so brilliant batch on my site.

The lighting was very poor being dull and overcast, the kids were running, and I only have a 45-150mm lens so used my recently purchased Olympus 1.4x converter wit this for grater reach. All these factors contributed to my having to select a high ISO (1600) in order to capture the images. I guess, being inexperienced in this field I could have gotten away with 800 or even 400 maybe, but c'est la vie - one lives and learns. Though they are grainy, they are not too bad and I am happy with my first foray into this realm.

Here's one I took at ISO800 which turned out a little better than I expected. No post processing or USM, straight convert to jpg from RAW.

p405024237.jpg

Comments welcome.

Here's the remainder if anyone fancies a look.

i think it would help if we could see the photo in mention :LOL:

Oops sorry Kev... it inherited some rogue settings from a parent category in my Zenfolio account. Should be OK now.

Looking good TMM, great to see some 4/3 high ISO images. Though not full size, they look very good.

you should see my E1 at iso 800, quite shocking...

That ol' beast is getting long in the tooth now. The E-3 only round the corner! Bet that will be a beast and a half like the E-1 was when it was first released.

Let me know if your upgrading, may take your E-1 off your hands.

King.

Looking good TMM, great to see some 4/3 high ISO images. Though not full size, they look very good.
Thanks KB... I've uploaded the larger version of the image I posted here if you want a lookie.

Large File Warning - 6.5MB

Back