Killed My Corded Remote On It's First Outing!

Name
April 2008
Edit My Images
No
Yep, that's right... got a cheapy eBay corded remote for my 5D because the official Canon one seemed a bit pricey, only for it to die on it's first outing! :bang:

Now admittedly, I did look down to see it was covered in sand and water (I'd accidentally dipped it in a rockpool!) but I used to have the official Canon one with my 400D and did that plenty of times with no problems. So, I'm contemplating my options...

1. Buy another cheapy in case I do the same again?
2. Buy a Canon one because it might be weatherproof (nay rockpoolproof)?
3. Buy one of these cheap eBay wireless ones because there's less dangy wire to drag in a rockpool?

Any other options? Thoughts?

Is there no wireless remote for them? I had one when I had my 400D and do miss it!

Option 1 and seal it in a polythene bag to waterproof it for its next swim!!! In the meantime, if you can take the knackered one to pieces, you could try rinsing it in a couple of changes of fresh water and drying it out for a couple of days in the airing cupboard after a good blow to remove as much water as possible. (If it's the Hama one, there are 3 screws under the label on the back)

Option 1 and seal it in a polythene bag to waterproof it for its next swim!

I like that idea. So simple!

FYI, my remote is a Hama one and I saw the screws. Will try taking it apart. :)

That's like the wireless ones I saw on fleBay. :) If I was going to pay that much, I'd rather get the Canon corded one. :)

Back