Kimmerdige Bay dorset- PLEASE LOOK!

DinoS

Hmmmmm.......Paste!
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi

This photo was taken in kimmereidge Bay dorset and was one of my first attempts at seascapes, all C&C welcome

Sorry about the water mark,

LIGHTENED VERSION

COLOUR VERSION

Thanks

Mark

Last edited:
you keep on about the water mark mate

but to be totally honest it puts me right off leaving any feedback..

md(y)

just my thoughts

ok I'm sorry to hear that,

can't you see past it, it is on my other computer the on without the water mark so i thought i would ask for feedback on this one while i have it.

Don't be sorry Mark - just STOP IT

Your shots of late are nice, but no-one is going to 'Print-screen' a copy to be useful as a 2 1/2" tall printed image

In this one, although it's pretty good the sky is bland and banding too, so why would anyone want to steal it?

If you're really worried about stealing images, do as Joe Cornish and others do and show them at 600px or less - (without a watermark) as no-one will EVER want a 2" print however cracking the shot is

DD

Thanks for your comments guys, the banding is becasue it is low quality,

i will resize and then repost,

Thanks

Mark

removed watermark,

...MD... can i have feedback now please

Now it's great, and I've downloaded it and have sold it for a tidy profit. ;)

Seriously though, that's now a good shot.

^^ I hope not

and thanks,

and I would love to sell a print of it, any buyers looks good on canvas i can imagine LOL :LOL:

removed watermark,

...MD... can i have feedback now please

:LOL:

sorry mate just lost 500k on a flush..

righto..

now bearing in mind i know nothingabout land/seascapes.
imho

i like the lead into the picture with the rocks works well for me .
overall a nice pic not one i would have on my wall not enough interest for my tastes.

also i feel its a little dark not sure if that was your intension but for me i would like a bit more detail brought out..

as i said just imo..

md(y)

looks much better now also..:clap:

ouch 500k down,

Thanks for your opinion, i like it dark but i see what you mean i mau lighten it and see what it looks like.

Thanks

Mark

I like it and find the "blandness" of the sky balances the bottom third which is busy. I also like the way the image moves from dark to light. In saying this clearly I feel that the black and white conversion works well also.

Perhaps an even slower shutter speed would have had an even more extreme effect on the water which has taken almost a cloud like quality.

Good work.

Nice shot.

Here's what i'm thinking at first glance. 'why is it in mono?' (sorry anima)
The top third of the image doesnt have enough to keep interest in b&w but the colours of the evening sky might help? Can you post a colour version?

The long exposure, detail in the rocks and leading lines work very well though.

But i'm no expert :)

Last edited:
I really like the colour of the three.

I like the colour version as a starting point too. The colour graduation in the sky adds the interest I thought it might. Have you done much PP to the colour version? The rocks and water seem very blue tinted. If it were me I would try and restore/get some of the blacks/browns in the rocks and the whites of the water wash.

i have done no PP to it at all apart from a lighten, it was taken at night long 30 second exposure so it seems bluey because of that think.

yea i think the colour one is the best.there is to much empty sky in the b+w versions for me..a crop might be an idea if you want the b+w versions..

Thanks for your comments,

I am not sure wether i like the colour one, as i prefer mono landscapes but i think it works as you have said,

all comments appreciated and welcome

Should i reduce the blue in the last one??????

Definitely the colour version for me, the mono needs a bit more in the sky to work fully

- oh BTW I've just managed a decent 10x8 print from your posted image (now destroyed), watermarks are worthwhile IMHO - I can certainly spot a nice shot, watermark or not !!

simon

Really?????

you could of posted it too me!, can you print me another please so i can see ????????

please !

Thanks

Mark

Last edited:
Back