King Charles

Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
Never shoot kids and animals, how true. Despite not sitting still and trying to clean the lens, finally managed to get a shot. iso 100 125 @ f5.6, off camera flash.
Not my normal subject and happy for any critque

Hi John, I think it's a nice picture but there's a lot of detail lost in the shadows.
Is it just me or have you got the nose in focus but not the eyes?
Cute dog! :eek:)

Thanks Steve. I have tried to fathom out dogs eyes for some time. Each photo seems to have a green cast or the same effect shown here, like looking through a dirty glass . Think the left eye may be OOF

Yeah, you are definitely loosing detail there in the shadows, the lighting just isnt doing it for me, i wouldnt say the eye is totally oof, just a bit. Oh and the green eye is the tapetum lucidum layer in their eyes. If you are using flash, its always going to show up in dogs animals as the light bounces off this layer and shows green.

Love his little Face. I take a lot of Dog Photo's, mostly outdoor though. My Tip for not getting green Eye Syndrome. Don't take Shots dead Head on and try to have a little Shade over the Eyes. Mind you, my subjects have a bit more of a fringe to shade the Eyes naturally:LOL: (see Troy the Wizard)

Thanks for all your comments especially about the green eyes. This is a very lively dog and to get a photograph is very difficult. Will continue experiments,

Sometimes it's nicer to have a shot of a dog which is from it's side or when doing something. It doesn't have to be a portrait like the standard ones. Try when he's playing or walking.

My experience is that head-on shots don't work with animals.

Sometimes it's nicer to have a shot of a dog which is from it's side or when doing something. It doesn't have to be a portrait like the standard ones. Try when he's playing or walking.

My experience is that head-on shots don't work with animals.

Agree on the first point...but dont agree with second, head on shots are sometimes the best kind of shots, you just have to know your subject and know about how an animal works to get the best eye level shots.

Back