King Kerso rules, OK?

Name
Carole
Edit My Images
Yes
Just picked up my 24-70mm f2.8 L from the post office depot and can't wait to try it out. Thanks Kerso, for the great service.

Didn't realise how big it would be......need a new bag now AND will have to do exercises to build up arm muscles:woot:

Can't wait till the weekend......Why do we have to go to work??? (Answer... to pay for more glass/extra bags, twitface):LOL:

Any chance you could post a few pictures of the lens with the hood on etc and a few sample images? Reasoning being is that I'll probably order one after Christmas.

Blackvault

Ok
It's quick and dirty....but at least it's here. Sorry about the quality!

24-70.jpg

(y)

Ok
It's quick and dirty....but at least it's here. Sorry about the quality!
(y)

Thanks Photostar_1

IQ is fine ;) That hood does look huge. What are your thoughts and impressions on the lens so far?

I'm also waiting for the 430EX flash to come through the door from Kerso.

Can't wait :bonk:

Blackvault

Haven't had chance to do more than hold it yet...........feels very heavy on my 350D. I am wondering whether to get a battery grip in order to give a bit of balance to the whole thing. As it doesn't have IS, I am wondering if I'm going to be able to take anything halfway decent handheld. Forgot to ask for a front filter, so need to get one of these too.

Am going away this w/e so hope to try it out then. If I manage anything, I'll post next week.

Haven't had chance to do more than hold it yet...........feels very heavy on my 350D. I am wondering whether to get a battery grip in order to give a bit of balance to the whole thing. As it doesn't have IS, I am wondering if I'm going to be able to take anything halfway decent hand-held. Forgot to ask for a front filter, so need to get one of these too.

Am going away this w/e so hope to try it out then. If I manage anything, I'll post next week.

Yeah I would recommend the Battery Grip. Hopefully my parents are buying it for Christmas for me for my 30D. Apparently it helps balance out long lens like the 70-200 range and the 10-400 and bigger. I would say the battery grip would also help to give extra surface to hold and steady the camera with a lens like the 24-70 on it.

Blackvault

The 24-70 is a great lens, mine stays on my cam pretty much 100% of the time :) It is a little big but after a while it becomes the norm and you hardly notice it :)
Have fun with it ;)

Even on my 30D the battery grip is a must with long lenses and/or a flashgun. I was working with the flash on Friday night - didn't put the grip on to save a bit of space in the bag and it felt VERY odd!

as for Kerso - yep, rules here too - my TC's have just turned up! I now have the frustration of having to wait for a lens they will work with!

dod dribbles

Congrats the 24-70 2.8L lens is a wonderful lens even though I have considered selling mine once or twice.

As for Kerso he is a top bloke and spoke to him on the phone only this week.....hopefully the postman will be delivering a new 35mm 1.4L from Kerso today :) .

Back