KINGFISHER! At Lackford!

squizza

Eeyore
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi guys

You might remember a post where I was moaning about the lack of kingfishers at Lackford. Well I went there today, and after sitting in the Reed hide for about an hour, I got this beauty.

3853327636_7e06979de7.jpg

Thanks

Sarah

Well done! :D It's a beauty of a shot too :)

That explains why my last 2 visits may have been unsuccessful.... I must have only spent about an hour there :LOL:

Thank you very much. I am extremely pleased with myself. :D I think its my best to date :)

Thankyou!

:woot:I was about to give up with Lackford and move on to another reserve for the meanwhile. But I thought I'd give Lackford another go.... Good things come to those who wait

Well done Sarah :clap: your patience paid off, which lens did you use?

I just noticed, how come you didn't put this in the Birds section, you'll probably get more responses there :)

Alison :)

Last edited:
Well done Sarah :clap: your patience paid off, which lens did you use?

I just noticed, how come you didn't put this in the Birds section, you'll probably get more responses there :)

Alison :)

Very good point. Can one of the mods please move it to the Birds section. Pretty please? :D

Thank you Alison!

Well done Sarah :clap::clap: patience is a virtue :D

Nice work Sarah - well caught:)

But just to put all this talk of patience and waiting into perspective, I recently spent 10 consecutive early mornings (from approx 5am) and at between 4-6 hours each time just to see/get some shots of a brood of fledgling Kingfishers leaving the nest :wacky::bonk:

So let's stop all this whingeing about waiting for an hour or two please :D:D

Jeff
www.jeffharrisonphotography.co.uk
(Schedule 1 Licence holder for Avocets, Kingfishers and Barn Owls)

Back