Kingfishers on a hot day.

Name
Martin
Edit My Images
No
Hi all.

I visited the Kingfishers again this morning. After setting up a new perch for them (see picture nos.3,4,5) I settled down to get some shots.

(Let me have your opinions on the perch please. Is it a bit over done with all that moss.)

It got a tad warm in the hide. I don't know who was wetter me or the kingies.

4780241600_441609b40d_o.jpg

3.Male on new perch.

4779610641_84f30d7ecc_b.jpg

5. Kingy spindry.

Could someone let me know if the noise level in nos. 2,3 and 5 is about right for a 7D. Click them to view full size images.

All C&C welcome.:)

Thanks for looking.

Marty

Lovely set. Pic 3 looks a little over sharppened compared to the rest. And with not being able to pixel peep all I can say is what noise.

nice one mart, your cracing on now

Thanks Lea.
There is always room for one more..

Lovely set. Pic 3 looks a little over sharppened compared to the rest. And with not being able to pixel peep all I can say is what noise.

Thanks.
The full size images are basicaly what came out of the camera with a bit of cropping.

all i can say is stunning :D

Absolutely stunning. LOVE THE LAST IMAGE!!! well caught

he's either got a mate or chicks to feed near by, you can tell by the way its holding the fish fead away for him. thats to pass it on to another kingfisher either as a gift to a partner or to feed young.

Last one is splendid - wouldn't be out of place in National Geographic in my opinion....

What a grand set, I would be well chuffed with anything like this.

All excellent apart from perhaps 3, the light is a bit harsh for my taste.

Last one is splendid - wouldn't be out of place in National Geographic in my opinion....

Do you have their number?;)

What a grand set, I would be well chuffed with anything like this.

All excellent apart from perhaps 3, the light is a bit harsh for my taste.
Thanks Len, Iam chuffed.
No3 / 4 were taken when the sun was quiet high, and I agree it is a bit harsh.

Cracking shots!

#4 for me is the stand out one

And the last one is an excellent shot of him drying off!

The detail in the full size image for No3 is absolutely stunning, noise levels are fine but the light a bit harsh. Thats not a criticism, its far to good to criticize.

Steve

Back