Kingston Memory cards

Ant

Name
Anthony
Edit My Images
Yes
Now, i've only ever bought Sandisk cards, but now i've noticed that for about half the price of an extreme3 4gb, i can get a kingston 133x 4gb card.

Now, who uses kingston cards, and is it worth getting a couple? As i only have 6Bg of storage atm, and i usually fill 4Gb after a day or so for pictures for my website. Now, i'm planning on going away for a few days, i won't be with the laptop, as it's something that's liable to go missing if i'm keeping it in a tent for 2 days, so i want moar cf cards.

4Gb is the biggest i'll go just in case i get problems with corruption. The more files that get corrupted, the less revenue i'm likely to get.

So anyone got any thoughts on kingston cards? Link below.

http://www.mymemory.co.uk/Compact-Flash-Cards/Kingston/Kingston-133X-ELITE-PRO-Compact-Flash-Cards

I've been reliably informed that Kingstons tend to corrupt more than Sandisks.

I stick with Sandisks and never had a single problem with them, so if it ain't broken....

I bought a kingston 4Gig about three months ago and have been using it ever since.
I was using extreme3 before that and frankly I have not noticed the difference on my 40D.

I've got two 4GB Sandisk Extreme III's and two 4GB Kingston Elite Pro's, and it doens't make any difference at all as far as I can tell. I'll be ordering an 8GB Kingston from Amazon for 15 quid tonight.

I use Kingston, Sandisk and transcend all in 4GB X133 flavour and never had any problems at all and as for speed the transcend is a tad faster yet the missus uses a chinese 8GB cheapie and has done for 2 years and its about 2 x faster than any of mine and only cost £9 ...luck really I would say

Despite everyones say so Im using a Kingston 16GB on my D200, works a charm, Ive filled it right up on a few occasions and had no issues. The speed of it has never been an issue for me, i.e. its faster than me!

Kingston get the thumbs up from me too! Never had any problems with the two I use, can't tell any difference between them and my Sandisk extremes.

The only cards I have are Kingston, never had any problems. I think they are great value.
I have also upgraded many a computer, both Mac and PC with Kingston memory without any issues. Definite thumbs up here! (y)

Back