Kite on stubble. (couple more added)

Name
Nicki.
Edit My Images
Yes
Went out this morning set the portable hide up on the edge of the stubble, put out a dead chicken and a few day old chicks (frozen) and look what visited me:-

025kiteonstubble.jpg

I took loads of these and shot in RAW for the first time so has taken me ages to be able to convert them (teaching myself!!!) to J Peg and I have done no PP yet so any hints on how to better this would be appreciated.

Enjoy.

P.S Fernface hope you are lucky this afternoon !!!!!!(y)

Last edited:
Excellent detail and colours

Kitesonstubblefeeding14.jpg

Kitesonstubblefeeding45.jpg

Ligth was difficult, sun was in then out then in, :puke:

Not the sharpest piccys possible though :bang:

Love the shots!
Are you using a lens with IS by any chance? There's some wierdness going on in the bokeh of the shots.

Yep and I had the camera on a tripod and was advised to turn IS off when on a tripod :shrug:

Any other suggestions please?

Last edited:
Like them Nicki, the first look ok to me, may benifit from some mid tones level adjustment, the second 2 may be me, but the white blanche looks a tad off, just slightly too warm.

So IS was off in these shots?

I get a similar effect on some shots when IS is on, but it seems OK when I turn it off.
It also appears some backgrounds emphasize the effect more than others.

I actually had the ISO on :bang: looking at the camera now, so will have another go and see what effects I get.

Was shooting against standing Wheat crop which did not help, be better of when we get the chance to finish combining it !!

Going back out tonight at dusk to see what I can get then and have another practice.

Still getting to grips with the 7 D although I did take a couple with the 450 and like them :shrug: but am not going to post them as I must stick with the 7D and master it.:(

Like them Nicki, the first look ok to me, may benifit from some mid tones level adjustment, the second 2 may be me, but the white blanche looks a tad off, just slightly too warm.

Feel free to have a go you know what my PP skill are like - non existent :LOL:

Feel free to have a go you know what my PP skill are like - non existent :LOL:

As you know my PP is still at the learning stage, but thought i would jump in and have a little go:) Dewarmed background a bit (Stus suggestion), tweak of contrast and a sharpen. Of course you know i am only practising for when i get MY shot:D

Your shot of what?? :D :LOL:

Thanks Brian just got in did not miss much except a nice hare and a fox :D did not get a shot at the fox as someone decided they would start shooting in the next field so he was off before I got a chance.

Going up in the morning v early to see what is about.

Inconsiderate farmer i expect:D Light rain forecast so not too bad i suppose, will make my forecast when i see what it is doing:) Good Luck

All right thats enough for gawds sake:D Just back from shopping for the kites, wonder if they will appreciate a ginormous turkey leg:D, reckon on doing early afternoon till last light tomorrow, just watch it rain!!

I like that last one Nicki, congratulations on changing over to RAW :)

Forgive me if I've got the wrong end of the stick here, but are you talking about IS (Image Stabaliser) on the lens, or ISO (scale for measuring sensitivity to light) a camera setting.

I actually had the ISO on :bang: looking at the camera now, so will have another go and see what effects I get.

If you're using a tripod, many say to switch the IS off on the lens.

You alter the ISO in camera depending on lighting conditions, you seem to have yours set quite high, try lowering it.

I like that last one Nicki, congratulations on changing over to RAW :)

Forgive me if I've got the wrong end of the stick here, but are you talking about IS (Image Stabaliser) on the lens, or ISO (scale for measuring sensitivity to light) a camera setting.

If you're using a tripod, many say to switch the IS off on the lens.

You alter the ISO in camera depending on lighting conditions, you seem to have yours set quite high, try lowering it.

I was on about the IS on the lens but will also look at the iso as well.

Thanks (y)

Back