Kite Surfers off the North Wales Coast

Name
Rob
Edit My Images
Yes
My camera finally returned from the repair shop yesterday so with a smile back on my face I went off to take some pics. I went with a friend down to west shore beach in Llandudno and found some kite surfers. The weather was cloudy and very windy but we still had a crack at getting some photos. These are the ones I was happy with.

_MG_2682.jpg

_MG_2688.jpg

_MG_2691.jpg

_MG_2695.jpg

_MG_2722.jpg

_MG_2723.jpg

_MG_2731.jpg

IMG_2679.jpg

I processed this one into black and white as and I really like the out come

_MG_2717.jpg

C&C always welcome, Thanks for looking

I think the last one works best for me, I like the white balance more, and you have captured a nice shape in the water. Stinks that we don't see the kite, but I know a hard thing to frame into it.

EDIT: Didn't realise it was B&W. Either way, the colour cast has been lost which I think helps it?
G.

Ideally I would have liked to hav captured the kites too but stupidly I only had the telephoto lens with me and couldnt zoom out far enough to get the kites in unless they were the otherside of the bay :LOL:

Second and the last for me - they for me have the action in them nicely captured. With some sprays to throw in.
Lucky you got to have these chances outside your door!

Like the series.... last one works best for me too, shame about the dull lighting though

I've been there several times too & taken a few shots of these guys - it's not easy - I tried with the wide angle but to be honest they look way too far away, I think the Tele is probably the best bet, difficult though to catch surfer & kite together...

Think I'll have another visit soon as I've just bought a new Tele with a bit more at the wide-end

simon

I know what you mean simon, all the above photos are cropped as there was far too much wasted space. Where abouts from North Wales are you?

Back