Ian D J

Michael Fish
Name
Ian D J
Edit My Images
Yes
KITT.jpg

You do realise it's only a 1:30 scale model? :D :LOL:

I set the aperture to the smallest my D40 can muster up, that enabled me to get rid of the toy-like depth of field associated with taking close up photos of small items. However it meant setting the camera on a tripod due to very long shutter speed (30 seconds in this case). I then ran the photo through my favourite paint shop to bring out the contrast a bit more (as well as cloning out the dusty bits!). The background was provided by two sheets of A3s sellotaped together.
For some reason still-life objects seem to come out clearer and sharper this way. :)

If it wasn't for the chunky bumper you could be fooled into thinking it was the real deal.
The lighting is good too although where's the red scanning light :LOL:

I have a nice pontiac model, think I will go give it a shot :exit:

If it wasn't for the chunky bumper you could be fooled into thinking it was the real deal.
The lighting is good too although where's the red scanning light :LOL:

I have a nice pontiac model, think I will go give it a shot :exit:

:D Yes, that chunky bumper does give the game away. :LOL: :LOL:

Actually, this model DOES have a working scanning light! Might give it another go with that in action. :eek: But, yes, I, too, think the lighting does look good on it's body.

Cheers for the comment and looking forward to seeing your effort. :)

Last edited:
Ok this is my attempt. Not as good as yours. The place I took the photo restricted tripod access.
This was a 30" exposure at F20.
Anyway here you go!

4715433660_03e1071e68_b.jpg

Hey, Stuart, that's neat!! Lovely stuff, love that reflection effect as well. a very well thought out shot. Give yourself a pat on the pat for giving it a go and making it work.

Last edited:
Hey, Stuart, that's neat!! Lovely stuff, love that reflection effect as well. a very well thought out shot. Give yourself a pat on the pat for giving it a go and making it work.

pat pat pat! :p

It's not ideal on two accounts, the model isn't overly detailed at 1:18th scale compared to some models I have and I think I could have done with a slight lift in the position of the camera.
Otherwise I am pleased and love the reflection too!

(i've got some nicely detailed peugeot 406 touring cars, might dig them out and give them a bash - they are 1:43rd scale!!!!!)

Back