Knowsley Safari Park

Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
Nice set John :)
Was that through glass?

Thanks both.

Visit Wild Arena, they have various workshops, this was from the Big Cat Photo Session, which is a half day session. They took 3 of us in a 4x4 into the lion enclosure before it was open to the public and they keep changing the position of the vehicle so that everyone has good photo opportunities. They wind the windows down and the guide is continually watching what's going on and if a lion starts to come too close the windows are up very quickly, we were in there for just over an hour. After this we visited the tiger enclosure and were taken into the keepers area, so that we could get right up to the chain link fence, but on this day the two tigers weren't really playing ball. After the tigers we were taken to the outside of the baboon enclosure and again could get right up to the fence.

EOS 5D Mark IV-6230 by @johnb, on Flickr

Once the session was finished you could spend the rest of the day driving yourself around the safari park, but I didn't fancy trying to drive and take pictures through closed windows. So I spent the afternoon on the foot safari, including the bird of prey area and watched the two flying displays, but I spent a couple of hours around the tiger enclosure hoping they were more active - all the photos of the tigers above were taken from the public area through the chain link fence, there is also a wooden fence separating you from the chain link fence so I'm really pleased with how they came out. Fortunately the male kept patrolling up and down the fence line and pictures 7 and 8 were taken at the corner of the enclosure

Back