La Cruz ** Not for the Squeamish **

Dark Star

TPer Emeritus
Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
I realise not everyone strays into Poems and Pictures where I posted this yesterday along with a fitting poem so here it is as an image in its own right for your C+C, if you will :)

Taken using the Canon 100mm Macro and using the BAZ777 'Light Box'

The blood is real and its mine (just a small prick on my thumb) I've tried before with red wine but it didn't look realistic and was such a waste :LOL:

Apologies if the image or the blood upsets or offends anyone :( and I will gladly remove it if the mods request me to (y)

2922713860_dc6ac913d7_o.jpg

Last edited:
Step away from the camera John, making yourself bleed for a shot is slightly worrying :LOL:

That said, I like it :D

Call it a craving for authenticity ;) Thanks for the positive comments :)

Hmmm, something worrying about this.......

Commitment is one thing ...

Thanks Tony - I didn't even realise it said that :)

Here it is again cloned :)

2922713860_dc6ac913d7_o.jpg

:D

No worries, it jumped out at me. I like the composition, the lone bead ties in this is a rosary, not a keyring or something trivial, and the blood is well placed.

Raises a lot of questions...

Who is praying?
What are they praying for?
Are the injured? Sick? Even killed during prayer?!

Other ways that jump to mind to elaborate on it would be to have the rosary clutched in a limp hand which had been dripped with blood, or a clenched fist with blood running from the fist over the rosary, with the beads entwined through the fingers etc... lots of scope for interesting images

No worries, it jumped out at me. I like the composition, the lone bead ties in this is a rosary, not a keyring or something trivial, and the blood is well placed.

Raises a lot of questions...

Who is praying?
What are they praying for?
Are the injured? Sick? Even killed during prayer?!

Other ways that jump to mind to elaborate on it would be to have the rosary clutched in a limp hand which had been dripped with blood, or a clenched fist with blood running from the fist over the rosary, with the beads entwined through the fingers etc... lots of scope for interesting images

Food for thought! The inspiration for the image was the Vampire poem in the poems and pics thread referenced in the opening post - but without that there are so many interpretations I guess.

Thanks again :)

Very macabre John, you been reading the exorcist again. (y)

Vampires Alby, vampires :)

Cheers I guess macabre was the aim :)

Are you mad? :nuts::D

Good shot but slightly worrying - personally I'd have gone to a fancy dress or joke shop for my blood! :LOL::LOL:

There's seems to be a slightly orange/red/brown mark just to the right of the cross at the top - easy to clone out ;)

John, as commented in the Poem thread, it's a great shot, and it fit the poem so well...

Hey, finally found the pic. Yes, I'm one that doesn't venture into the poems thread :)

A nice piccy John. I prefer this original to the one with the added vignette, though do wonder if it would benefit from some darker lighting (if that makes sense). Make it a little more... erm... dark. But I like it, and would love to have the balls and suitable props to do a lot of this sort of stuff... slit wrists in the bath shots, etc.

just a small prick on my thumb

Bring back BlackAdder! :D

Ah sorry folks - I replaced the Italy image in the first post - the vignetted version which 68lbs mentions still bears the Italy stamp and can be found here

Donna - yes a touch mad perhaps ;) :)

I do have an urge to try more like this!!

Folks thanks for stopping by and commenting :)

Last edited:
very nicely done John - a glass of red wine in the image would add to the vampire feel but dont dgo bleeding more on my suggestion :)

Thanks James and Ruth - not sure I could fill a glass with the red stuff ;)

Back