Ranger Smith
Suspended / Banned
Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
Last edited:
Reflections, yum

Very nice as always from you Steve. Some of the whites are a little strong but that could be my calibration (I will check it tomorrow) but nonetheless, an excellent set of images, with the last one being my pick of the bunch.

What do we have to do for conditions like that here in Scotland?

Reflections, yum

Very nice as always from you Steve. Some of the whites are a little strong but that could be my calibration (I will check it tomorrow) but nonetheless, an excellent set of images, with the last one being my pick of the bunch.

What do we have to do for conditions like that here in Scotland?

Cheers - if I peg them back any more it starts to seem a little grey in the snow. They're all just within the histogram with no pixels at 255,255,255....

But I do recall over exposing slightly when there to regain detail in the darker sections.

You can get conditions like this in Scotland, like 4 times a year LOL

I find you need to do the miles and get out of Blighted to get shots like this.

Lovely, second to last for me.

The light catching the tops is so nice! It may just be my screen but I may have been tempted to lift the shadows just slightly.

They have - the full res images look a lot better with the detail easily discernible. You lose a lot of fine details going from 100mb plus tiff to 1mb jpeg and you seem to gain some very subtle banding and artifacts :(

First light seems an easy choice, and then last one for generic stock purposes.

I would also want a bit more shadow detail to be opened pretty much in the horizon part of the image, either through a soft local adjustment or a bit of blending with a much earlier shot if the camera didn't move. For web it's almost OK, but I fear they would print very dark.
You could also copy the right bit of light from "more light".

Back